Community discussions

MikroTik App

ghostt
just joined
Topic Author

mAP2nD Ether1 died after upgrade

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Hello,

I've upgraded mAP2nD from v6.41.3 to v6.42.1 using usual upgrade method: in Winbox System>Packages>Check for updates>download and install

After upgrade port ether1 became unresponsive but I still can connect to the router via ether2. Ether1 status shows as it is connected to something with 100Mbps and LED indicator is on; there is no cable plugged into it, however. If ether1 is connected to anything (directly to a PC or to a switch) it can't be accessed at all, no matter if it has a static IP or a DHCP client, which constantly shows "searching" and doesn't get an IP address.

Defaulting the router via reset button, Winbox or terminal didn't make any difference.

I tried Netinstall, when powered on with reset button pressed after approx 10 seconds one led flashes 12 times, then another led flashes 12 times then all led's except power one go off but the router doesn't appear in Netinstall.

Falling back to v6.40 didn't make any difference.

The same problem was with CCR1016, it had ether5 acting in the same way after upgrade to 6.42. Unfortunately, I didn't have luxury to factory default it nor to try Netinstall, so I just used a spare ether port instead.

In both cases unresponsive ether ports were connected to WAN, I'm not sure if this is relevant, though.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance

leoservices
Trainer
Trainer

Re: mAP2nD Ether1 died after upgrade

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:38 am

Hello,

Did you upgrade to the firmware / system routerboard upgrade?

Netinstall Tip
- Disable other interfaces you have on your computer,
- Disable Operating System Firewall

Starting the RouterBOARD in Netinstall mode
Or Keep holding the button for 5 more seconds until until LED turns off, then release it to make the RouterBOARD look for Netinstall servers. You can also simply keep the button pressed until the device shows up in the Netinstall program on Windows (total 15 seconds)
Source https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Reset_button

ghostt
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:08 am

Hello Leonardo,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I upgraded the firmware as well to v6.42.1 (/system routerboard upgrade), sorry I forgot to mention it.

Firewall and antivirus are disabled, all interfaces on the PC apart from the one connected to the router are disabled.

PC IP address = 192.168.88.132/24; DG = 192.168.88.1 (tried the other ones, i.e.192.168.88.10; .254 - no difference)

In Netinstall Netbooting server is enabled, Client IP address = 192.168.88.1

Both interfaces on mAP2nD were tried with IP address programmed to it (192.168.88.1/24) and without an IP address. (ether1 is still showing "Running" and being unresponsive, but I tried it anyway)

After power on with reset button pressed I tried both:
-releasing reset button after all LEDs go off and
-holding it for more than 30 seconds.

The router doesn't appear in Netinstall program.

There is a pause for about 30 seconds after all LEDs go off and then the router starts rebooting to its normal operation mode even if reset button is still pressed.

JEU
just joined

Thu May 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Hello guys, any news on this topic? i have a couple of boards with the same problem/behavior after the upgrade, i really need a solution or at least to know for sure if they can't be fixed at all.

RiccardoM
just joined

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:44 pm

I have the same issue with RMMap2nd no problems with ether2 but no joy with ether1... when I do a cable test it reports link ok, when I have no cable plugged in, when I connect a fly lead, it does not show any status in the logs, ether2 has no issue I have tried everything.. this is my 3rd unit experiencing the same issue, IMO this is a hardware fault...
i have done numerous resets! simply cannot connect on ether1,