Community discussions

MikroTik App

zippel
Topic Author

How to prevent block providers' redirection?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:22 pm

I've a trouble with stupid domru ISP in RF, sometimes it redirects me to self pages with advert.
Fore example I tried to querry site1.com but this sht redirected me to self page advertpage.su
Can somebody help with this?) Maybe somehow to compare src within dst headers.. or something else..Thanks.

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: How to prevent block providers' redirection?

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:17 pm

You will need a VPN service. Some providers are from client devices only and others would allow you to configure your router for all or part of your to use the VPN. You will need to search for the best provider that fits your needs.

zippel
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:19 pm

For example imagine self that ISP blocked your best VPN pool or tried to block any VPN services which works via secure protocols :\ What you can to do?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:41 pm

You would have first to understand the mechanism of redirection they use. Does the site name in the browser address line change to the one of the advertising server or does the original one remain there? Most likely they send a http redirect (302) to the new page, and that's not easy to deal with on a router.

But it seems to me their business model must be based on providing cheap or free of charge connection in exchange for feeding you with advertisements, so they will probably watch whether you don't bypass it in some way and will disconnect you if you do, as such business model must be well-secured against clever users to work.

zippel
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:50 pm

You would have first to understand the mechanism of redirection they use. Does the site name in the browser address line change to the one of the advertising server or does the original one remain there? Most likely they send a http redirect (302) to the new page, and that's not easy to deal with on a router.

But it seems to me their business model must be based on providing cheap or free of charge connection in exchange for feeding you with advertisements, so they will probably watch whether you don't bypass it in some way and will disconnect you if you do, as such business model must be well-secured against clever users to work.

no, all done simply. It looks like redirection to the attention page where you can see information about lack of money.
Their redirection accompanied with address line change..

And I not fully sure that it a simple redirect, it looks like spymarker :)
_http://info.ertelecom.ru/?campId=15469&machine=somecity&ourl=http%3A%2F%2Fsomesite.org%2F&u=306DBBCE2365B852742CA4210F6AC849&timestamp$c=1524737712&sid$c=676c9a2ed203ed99ce9f79dd2f69bc79

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Well, if the redirection is triggered at the browser level, there's actually nothing you can do on the router. But the link seems to be synthesized using the IP address of the client so I still think you ask for somesite.com and instead of a 200 from that site, you get a 302 redirecting you to that generated link. But if this happens, and if we can identify the 302 using L7 matcher (which is probably possible but you need to use Wireshark or packet sniffing on the 'Tik to see how the 302 actually looks like), the maximum we can do is to reset the TCP session bidirectionally. So your browser will show some locally generated failure page, not the one you actually wanted, and the redirecting application at their side will see a RST to come instead of FIN so they will notice that something abnormal has happened. Instead of sending RST we can silently drop the packet but this will only extend the agony, the final outcome will be an error page in the browser again.

zippel
Topic Author

Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Thanks.. very usefull and informative answer for me.

squeeze
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:33 am

For example imagine self that ISP blocked your best VPN pool or tried to block any VPN services which works via secure protocols :\ What you can to do?

I would try in order:
  • Tor
  • obfuscated Tor (Tor bridges)
  • SSH tunnel via free unix shell account
  • change VPN provider
  • change ISP
  • VPS machine and run ssh + stunnel + shadowsocks (or just install via Streisand)
  • change ISP again
  • business VPN

One of those has to work or I'd leave the country. No life in a state without Internet in 21st century - that's worse than being in North Korea.

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:44 am

no, all done simply. It looks like redirection to the attention page where you can see information about lack of money.
Their redirection accompanied with address line change...
In this case, PAY for your service and do not try to steal it.

I support having full access to whatever you want to reach on the Internet as long as you are paying for the service!