Community discussions

MikroTik App

dl9rdz
just joined
Topic Author

Webfig with Safari?

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:13 pm

I have the problem that shortly after accessing Webfig with Safari, the interface becomes somewhat unresponsive. With that I mean that when I click on some item on the menu bar on the left, the URL bar is updated, but not the web page content according to the selection. However, values in the content keep updating. For example, if I am viewing the "Interfaces" page, the interface statistics keep updating, but if I click on, e.g., "Switch", the main page continues showing the interface page with statistics being updated, and I don't get the "Switch" view.

I can go to the desired page (e.g. "Switch") by using the browser's "Reload" function, but in that case I have to authenticate again. Doing so for each page on webfig is quite annoying.

The problem does not appear if I use Firefox as a browser.

I have disabled all JavaScript/Adblock functions in Safari (version 11.1 on macOS Sierra), I tried clearing all cookies and cache, but this does not improve anything. The device is running RouterOS 6.42.1 (but I remember seeing the same problem with older versions as well). Is there any known fix to this problem, or is Safari not compatible with Webfig?

leoservices
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Webfig with Safari?

Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:52 am

I installed Safari on my windows to test and even to login gave problem. But everything works perfectly in Mozzilla FireFox; in the forum history I saw several topics on issues with Safari x Webfig.

IS0FFD
just joined

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:50 am

I've the same version without problem! My OS Hight Sierra version is 10.13.4

Try with Safari Technology Preview, download it from MacApp Store

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:56 am

Try another Mac or another user on the same device. Lots of us here use Safari with Webfig and it works fine.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:56 am

Try another Mac or another user on the same device. Lots of us here use Safari with Webfig and it works fine.

WorldWideWebDev
just joined

Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:00 am

I've the same version without problem! My OS Hight Sierra version is 10.13.4

Try with Safari Technology Preview, download it from MacApp Store
Just to give passers by some info on this old topic and my 2 cents worth, which is by the way still relevant for me.. ,, I have 3 Macs, one Mini and 2 MacBooks, All of which experience differing issues when using Webfig in Safari. All work fine with Firefox . So i realise that its a Mac thing in conjunction with Safari. There are too many variables in my small test group and even though i have managed to work around it in Safari on these devices i don't want to offer any answers.
But the one thing that still annoys me is that on one of my MacBooks , in the WebFig / Terminal area my keyboard "S/D/F ' keys don't work, i cannot type the word "System" in this area for example. "The keys do work in other areas of WebFig , say for example when i edit comments or rename an interface or what not. ????? Go Figure,,,, The mind boggles... :)

tinodj
just joined

Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:51 pm

I have this problem just from time to time. Mostly on the iPhone, very rarely almost never on Mac. However with 6.48.3 it comes very often with iPhone. With Firefox on iPhone works. With Chrome not. I don’t know why it sometimes works, and other times don’t. It seems fully random to me.

sba
just joined

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:30 pm

This problem exists for years. I had it on High Sierra, I still have it on Monterey (M1). On any version of ROS 6. On all versions of Safari. It's not permanent. Today I login to webfig and it works. Tomorrow I login to same webfig and none of buttons/links work - only reload helps (with login). Day after tomorrow I login to same webfig and it works again. Of course if I open same webfig in Firefox - it works without any issues. Tried to debug in console, but I'm not webdev, so I see nothing.
Main reason I still using safari (when it works) is that it stores all passwords in keychain, so I have them on all devices. And on Mac I can get password filled in login form with just fingerprint.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:33 pm

... only reload helps (with login).

Which indicates that browser caches a bit too aggressively and then browser and server (ROS device in this case) disagree on the state of rendered web page. I fullheartedy disagree with anybody claiming that this is server's problem.

sba
just joined

Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:07 pm

Which indicates that browser caches a bit too aggressively and then browser and server (ROS device in this case) disagree on the state of rendered web page. I fullheartedy disagree with anybody claiming that this is server's problem.
Hmm. Ok, I clear all caches, deleted all site data, now I open two tabs: one my home router, another - remote router. Channel between them 100M and delays 10-20ms. At home ROS 6.49.6, remote 6.49.2 (but with .6 same happen). So, first tab works perfectly, second tab - doesn't work. Week-two ago both of them worked.
Here is errors in safari web inspector between two:
This is my home router which works:
Снимок экрана 2022-09-23 в 17.58.01.png
And this is remote router which doesn't:
Снимок экрана 2022-09-23 в 18.00.05.png
Message in middle says Network connection was lost.
Any ideas what could be wrong? There is no issues in communications. Every time I reload page I see same errors in web inspector. Or slightly different:
Снимок экрана 2022-09-23 в 18.04.30.png
And here is screenshot if network tab. One request to jsproxy took too much time and probably not received all data:
Снимок экрана 2022-09-23 в 18.10.38.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:23 pm

So... fix the network?

sba
just joined

Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:34 pm

So... fix the network?
Network? Here is cut form safari debug log:
        "request": {
          "method": "POST",
          "url": "http://192.168.123.248/jsproxy",
          "httpVersion": "HTTP/1.1",
          "cookies": [
            {
              "name": "username",
              "value": "extadm"
            }
          ],
          "headers": [
            {
              "name": "Content-Type",
              "value": "msg"
            },
            {
              "name": "Pragma",
              "value": "no-cache"
            },
            {
              "name": "Accept",
              "value": "*/*"
            },
            {
              "name": "Accept-Encoding",
              "value": "gzip, deflate"
            },
            {
              "name": "Cache-Control",
              "value": "no-cache"
            },
            {
              "name": "Accept-Language",
              "value": ""
            },
            {
              "name": "Host",
              "value": "192.168.123.248"
            },
            {
              "name": "Origin",
              "value": "http://192.168.123.248"
            },
            {
              "name": "Content-Length",
              "value": "33"
            },
            {
              "name": "User-Agent",
              "value": "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/16.0 Safari/605.1.15"
            },
            {
              "name": "Referer",
              "value": "http://192.168.123.248/webfig/"
            },
            {
              "name": "Connection",
              "value": "keep-alive"
            },
            {
              "name": "Cookie",
              "value": "username=extadm"
            }
          ],
          "queryString": [],
          "headersSize": 448,
          "bodySize": 33,
          "postData": {
            "mimeType": "msg",
            "text": "\u0000\u0000\u0000\u000e\u0000\u0000\u0000\u0001_ø6ô.ô\u0010.\u0017J.&t.Ú\u0003!Ì\u001fr'ø\fñ.",
            "params": []
          }
        },
        "response": {
          "status": 403,
          "statusText": "Forbidden",
          "httpVersion": "HTTP/1.1",
          "cookies": [],
          "headers": [
            {
              "name": "Date",
              "value": "Thu, 22 Sep 2022 20:50:08 GMT"
            },
            {
              "name": "Content-Type",
              "value": "msg"
            },
            {
              "name": "Connection",
              "value": "Keep-Alive"
            },
            {
              "name": "Expires",
              "value": "0"
            },
            {
              "name": "Content-Length",
              "value": "109"
            }
          ],
          "content": {
            "size": 109,
            "compression": 0,
            "mimeType": "msg",
            "text": "PGh0bWw+CjxoZWFkPjx0aXRsZT5FcnJvciA0MDM6IEZvcmJpZGRlbjwvdGl0bGU+PC9oZWFkPgo8Ym9keT4KPGgxPkVycm9yIDQwMzogRm9yYmlkZGVuPC9oMT4KPC9ib2R5Pgo8L2h0bWw+Cg==",
            "encoding": "base64"
          },
          "redirectURL": "",
          "headersSize": 139,
          "bodySize": 109,
          "_transferSize": 248
        },
How this 403 related to network?
All other requests complete in few ms and only one always! takes about 1 minute. I disabled caches and refreshed page - same issue.
I'm 100% sure this is compatibility problem. Safari does something in way, that's not expected by ROS.

As example, if You put any audio (wav) file to a web server that doesn't support partial range - it will never play in Safari. But will play in any other browser.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:52 pm

Probably the other browsers have some compatibility workarounds for some outdated things MikroTik is using on webfig.
Doubt anyone touches that minefield without a proper bug report.

sba
just joined

Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:01 pm

Probably the other browsers have some compatibility workarounds for some outdated things MikroTik is using on webfig.
Doubt anyone touches that minefield without a proper bug report.
Well, probably a bug hunter needed. With Mac, Safari and good knowledge of js,css and other web stuff. I'm not :( To make bug report I have to catch this problem somehow, but I have no idea how. Btw, opening same webfig in firefox does not produce those 403 and 404 errors with jsproxy. May be this can be starting point?