Community discussions

takumi
just joined
Topic Author

RB1100AHx2 Missing Disk Space

Tue May 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi all,

I'm running the RB1100AHx2, I just recently upgraded to ROS 6.42.1 from 6.42. I recently just noticed I'm now consuming 54MiB of the 64Mib space available.

I'm curious as to find out where all of a sudden, after the upgrade, I'm now using 20MiB more space? The last time I had this problem, I ended up having to perform a Netinstall on the device to get it to function again. And basically clear out the space. Also curiously. I was reading through the specs, and noticed that it said it should have 128MiB of NAND? But I've just realised I only have 64Mib?

My units are circa 2012. So I don't know if back then they had smaller NAND's then?

For the moment I'm able to reboot and it seems to be running okay. But there are some strange issues that are cropping up every now and then with suck or non functional OVPN links.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB1100AHx2 Missing Disk Space

Tue May 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Maybe you or some other admin have partitioned the space into two 64MB partitions?
That is a good method to have the possibility to downgrade to a previous version when you manage it properly.
(i.e. copy the partition just before upgrading)
Look in the partitions menu to see what is there, you could even use that to recover from your current problem.

takumi
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Thanks for the advice. Had a look and only can see one partition. I'm going to have to goto the data center tomorrow morning, and do a Netinstall on it. Is there a method of which I can get it to try and repartition the entire thing into a single partition again?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 01, 2018 5:46 pm

When you have only one partition, there is no need to re-partition.
But you should check the specification of your particular model and check if it agrees with the disk size.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 01, 2018 8:30 pm

check if you have graphing active storing on disk, that consumes disk space

check hoy many files you have on the disk (backups, exports, hotspot folders)

check If you have a large hotspot implementation that database consume disk space

takumi
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 01, 2018 10:55 pm

check if you have graphing active storing on disk, that consumes disk space

check hoy many files you have on the disk (backups, exports, hotspot folders)

check If you have a large hotspot implementation that database consume disk space
Yup! Done all that, it's a simple deployment at the moment. Nothing much is configured as it's used as the core router. Other than some basic firewall rules used to block everything except for allowed traffic.

No graphing, no hotspots. I'm suspecting that somehow when I upgraded it, and applied packages from the EXTRA package, that its gotten "stuck" or something?