Community discussions

MikroTik App

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

ATTENTION: CCR1009-7G-1C-PC micro usb port too sensitive

Wed May 09, 2018 6:56 pm

i dont know if its only to my machine but the usb port of CCR1009-7G-1C-PC is very loose if you touch it. 3 times problems with ROS losing/renaming disk name and have problems with user manager.
i was lucky to find it out after three failures of user manager because disk was renamed to DISK5 or DISK6 from DISK4 because someone accidentally soft touch the usb cable extension.
the ccr is new.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by freemannnn on Wed May 09, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Re: ATTENTION: CCR1009-7G-1C-PC micro usb too sensitive

Wed May 09, 2018 7:59 pm

replying to my post logs does not mention anything about changing disk name or removal of disk or added a new disk. IT SHOULD.
just tested it in my lab. this screenshot is after removing usb flash drive and put it back in my rb2011.
i think its better to have a standard usb port than micro usb.

UPDATE: i didnt know that exist usb flash drivers with micro usb plug. i will order one so i get rid off the extension cable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Re: ATTENTION: CCR1009-7G-1C-PC micro usb port too sensitive

Sat May 26, 2018 2:01 pm

so i removed the extension cable that the connector side to CCR was loose and installed a micro usb straight to ccr usb port. working flawless!