CCR1007-7G-C
kernel failure in previous boot
and
router rebooted because some critical program crashed

Happens at least once a day .. Had no issues running older version

jcremin

Re: Kernel Failure in previous boot

Thu May 10, 2018 11:51 pm

I'm having similar issues. I have a CCR1009. It's been acting as my PPPoE concentrator for a couple years. About 3 weeks ago, I upgraded the ROS version to 6.42.1 to address the vulnerability. I didn't have any issues until yesterday after enabling OSPF/MPLS/VPLS on my network. About 12 hours later, the router rebooted. Then about 6 hours later, it rebooted again. Today it has rebooted about half a dozen times so far.

What else are you running on your router? What version did you upgrade from?

heavyd
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri May 11, 2018 9:31 am

MPLS / VPLS / OSPF / PPPOE

Sounds like we have the same problem .. Have you downgraded yet ? it was solid with version 6.40.1

johnnyk
just joined

Fri May 11, 2018 9:49 am

Hello guys,
I can confirm that I have the same problem on a ccr1009-7g-1c-1s+
I also updated for the vulnerability and I found out that in 3-4 we had 3 or more reboots with kernel failure.
This was a critical issue to us so i moved from current version to bug fix version and now we are stable

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri May 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Without inspecting supout files through support@mikrotik.com it is not possible to be sure what is the problem with your router. However, seems that this is the problem which is already resolved in 6.43rc11 version.

jcremin

Fri May 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Without inspecting supout files through support@mikrotik.com it is not possible to be sure what is the problem with your router.
Just as suddenly as my problem showed up, it has stopped. Do you want me to send a supout file, or wait until it happens again and grab it right after?
However, seems that this is the problem which is already resolved in 6.43rc11 version.
We did install the 6.43rc11 version, and it did reboot once or twice after that, but then it hasn't happened in about 16 hours. Can you tell me what exactly was resolved in that version as I don't see anything specific in the changelog that sounds like it would have fixed this type of issue. I'm not holding my breath at this point. If the issue does happen again, I will downgrade to the bugfix version, but I'll grab a supout first.

jcremin

Fri May 11, 2018 9:58 pm

I just had another kernel panic on the 6.43rc11 version, so I would say the issue is probably not fixed. I'm probably going to downgrade to the most current bugfix version and see if that helps.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Sat May 12, 2018 12:32 pm

We have had such topics in forum repeatedly and the answer from us remains the same - it is not possible to determine cause of the issue through forum.

Kernel Failure - something went wrong and device rebooted itslef. Only MikroTik support can tell the reason. You must send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. Maybe all of you have the same problem, maybe all of them are differenet, maybe they are caused by HW, etc. Only support@mikrotik.com can tell for sure by inspecting supout files.

In future - contact support first. Forum with such type of problem will not be able to help you.

jcremin

Sat May 12, 2018 5:58 pm

We have had such topics in forum repeatedly and the answer from us remains the same - it is not possible to determine cause of the issue through forum.

Kernel Failure - something went wrong and device rebooted itslef. Only MikroTik support can tell the reason. You must send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. Maybe all of you have the same problem, maybe all of them are differenet, maybe they are caused by HW, etc. Only support@mikrotik.com can tell for sure by inspecting supout files.

In future - contact support first. Forum with such type of problem will not be able to help you.
I understand, but a lot of times the people in the forum know about some situations that may be fixed by just changing settings, so I wanted to make sure I didn't goof something up first. I did send two supout files, so hopefully those will help determine the cause.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Sun May 13, 2018 1:59 am

That is a good approach, but in the end - if you not report this to support, then issue might not get resolved.
Your report will help not only for you but also for other users.

jcremin

Sun May 13, 2018 2:26 am

heavyd and johnnyk, were either of you able to create and send supout files?

Just a quick update, I downgraded to 6.40.8 and I've gone a little over 24 hours without any kernel failure reboots.

johnnyk
just joined

Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 pm

heavyd and johnnyk, were either of you able to create and send supout files?

Just a quick update, I downgraded to 6.40.8 and I've gone a little over 24 hours without any kernel failure reboots.
No unfortunately I haven't done it yet,
I wanted to reproduce the sittuation to our backup router without making any chaos and investigate it there.
I can confirm that in bug fix we are up and running for several days.

pfalconi
just joined

Sat May 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi,
I have a autosupout of CCR-1036-12G-4S with RouterOS 6.42.2 recently upgraded, before upgrade 6.20. Before the update the router did not have any problem, when updating to version 6.42.2 and trying to make a change in a firewall rule or to include a new interface to a bridge the router stayed as inhibited and restarted.

How can I send them?

iratirul
just joined

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:43 pm

happened on 1100ahx4 dude version on ROS 6.40.8 (bugfix)
can't connect to mikrotik, but traffic was normal
after manual reboot, I can acces through winbox, but no interface, no firewall, no queue
trying interface print, it hang up

cool3000
just joined

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 am

Hi, I'm not good at English. Sorry.
I am having difficulties with the same problem lately. The solution I found is to fix the speed of the LAN interface connected to the HUB to 100M or 1000M manually, not automatically.
Then the problem does not happen again.
However, this problem is only seen in mikrotik devices.

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:25 am

I am having difficulties with the same problem lately.
So which specific issue did you encounter? I noticed you post same in router rebooted because some critical program crashed. Those are two different error messages and most likely also two different reasons for a crash. Are you experiencing both of them?
Also another question - did you send "autosupout.rif" file to support? (autosupout gets generated automatically after each failure and can help mikrotik staff to determine cause of failure and fix it in next versions of ROS )

just for record: I recently had two "kernel failure" errors on one particular hAP ac^2 which runs ROS 6.43.2 and support received my report as Ticket#2018111622000492

Pripojen
just joined

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:25 am

Hello,

I have a similar problem every day on the new CCR1036 reboot - kernel failure. After uploading the latest stable version 6.43.12 is still same.

Do not you ask any other ideas than I will claim this mikrotik ?

OlofL
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Same problem here... Router is rebooting almost 10 times every hour.
/system routerboard print
       routerboard: yes
             model: RB4011iGS+
     serial-number: xxxx
     firmware-type: al2
  factory-firmware: 6.43.8
  current-firmware: 6.44.3
  upgrade-firmware: 6.44.3

/log print 
09:37:22 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown 
09:37:22 system,error,critical kernel failure in previous boot 

How do I get logs to send to Mikrotik?