Community discussions

MikroTik App

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

arm devices with issues

Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 pm

We have now some 30-/40 arm devices fit in the field at different locations. But we have several that give us lots of problems.
To start with, any ROS older then 6.42 doesn't work for us since we use PPPoE-client on the wlan and older ROS versions just don't work on 'arm' devices. Although a 'scan' for PPPoE server 'sees' it never connects.... (Other version work fine, mipsbe, mipsle etc., no problem to use PPPoE-client in any version..)
Just the update to 6.42.1 makes the PPPoE to connect....

Apart from that, v.6.42.1 gives us the 'feeling' is not a good NV2 version. Actually all P2MP networks that were updated from 6.40.5 to 6.42.1 degrade their performance on NV2. Especial some clients with weaker signals have real poor performances. Luckily on some AP's we found 802.11 protocol be a savier. Works 200% better! At the cost of a degrading latency though... :-)

But we have more bad experiences; We have now had to replace several LHG-ac's or SXT-5ac-sq's (the nice new small ones!) by 'older' devices to get proper speeds.
We have had to replace now twice a LHG-ac by an 'old' Sextant that gives us the same signal and much better throughput.

But in other places we use LHG's and SXT-5ac-sq's to satisfaction. In fact, these same poor performing LHG's work on my house absolutely fine connected towards an old fashioned Omnitik.
We are really puzzled what is going on.

Before I am going to wine about this new line of devices, I was wondering if there are more users noticing the same issues?