Community discussions

MikroTik App

jasim21
just joined
Topic Author

IPv6 DHCP Server Not Leasing IP

Sun May 20, 2018 10:41 am

Hi,
I am trying to setup IPv6 DHCP server for my LAN of Windows 10 PC. But clients isn't receiving any lease. Following is the configuration example.What is the problem here ?

/ipv6 address print 
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid, D - dynamic, G - global, L - link-local 
 #    ADDRESS                                     FROM-POOL INTERFACE         ADVERTISE
 0 DL fe80::c4bc:fdff:fe9d:dbf7/64                          BRG_Office_LAN    no       
 1 DL fe80::ec64:fff:feb5:a5ad/64                           loopback          no       
 2 DL fe80::6e3b:6bff:fe22:e5a/64                           ether1_uplink     no       
 3 DL fe80::6e3b:6bff:fe22:e5e/64                           ether5            no       
 4  G 2000:5a40:0:11::2/126                                 ether5            no       
 5  G 2000:5a40:0:12::1/64                                  BRG_Office_LAN    no

/ipv6 dhcp-server print 
Flags: D - dynamic, X - disabled, I - invalid 
 #    NAME             INTERFACE           ADDRESS-POOL           PREFERENCE LEASE-TIME
 0    server1          BRG_Office_LAN      pool1                         255 3d 

/ipv6 pool print 
Flags: D - dynamic 
 #   NAME          PREFIX                                      PRE EXPIRES-AFTER       
 0   pool1         2000:5a40:0:12::/64                          64

/ipv6 nd prefix print 
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid, D - dynamic 
 0    prefix=2000:5a40:0:12::/64 interface=BRG_Office_LAN on-link=yes autonomous=no 
      valid-lifetime=4w2d preferred-lifetime=1w 

/ipv6 nd print  
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid, * - default 
 0  * interface=BRG_Office_LAN ra-interval=3m20s-10m ra-delay=3s mtu=unspecified 
      reachable-time=unspecified retransmit-interval=unspecified ra-lifetime=30m 
      hop-limit=unspecified advertise-mac-address=yes advertise-dns=yes 
      managed-address-configuration=yes other-configuration=yes
Routerboard
/system routerboard print 
       routerboard: yes
             model: 450G
     serial-number: 72520662CD0E
     firmware-type: ar7100
  factory-firmware: 3.24
  current-firmware: 6.42.2
  upgrade-firmware: 6.42.2
Last edited by jasim21 on Wed May 23, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: IPv6 DHCP Server Setup

Sun May 20, 2018 1:24 pm

AFAIk, You need to use RA for address hand-out. The ROS DHCPv6 only hands out prefixes for PD, not individual addresses.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Setting_up_DHCPv6

jasim21
just joined
Topic Author

Re: IPv6 DHCP Server Setup

Wed May 23, 2018 7:43 pm

AFAIk, You need to use RA for address hand-out. The ROS DHCPv6 only hands out prefixes for PD, not individual addresses.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Setting_up_DHCPv6

I fully followed the wiki you mention and configured RA as you can see. But it still not working. Can you point me to direction where it went wrong ?

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: IPv6 DHCP Server Not Leasing IP

Thu May 24, 2018 6:41 pm

The managed-address-configuration=yes option tells client to request address from DHCPv6 server. DHCPv6 server in RouterOS doesn't support giving out addresses yet. So you either need external DHCPv6 server, or stick with autoconfiguration for now.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 25, 2018 1:33 pm

turetto
just joined

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi guys,

I have the same issue. I am novice in MT. It is very good, I started the configuration and it almost done, but this issue is my nightmare :)

I use PPPoE with a modem in bridge mode, so I configured my MT to make a PPPoE connection. All fine, the MT gets IPv4, but all devices on my LAN are not getting IPv6. Before the MT I have a Dlink DIR-878 with the same configuration(making the PPPoE connection) and all devices on my LAN gets IPv6, but with MT it just gets IPv4.
I follow many tutorials to configure it, but does not work. I spent more than 6 hours trying and no sucess.. :(

Sorry for my poor english and sorry if my questions are basic, because this is my first experience with MT devices. So I am very very appreciated if anybody can help me.

TheFox21
just joined

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:14 am

Should this work now in RouterOS v6.44.3?

It's not working for me. I get an /48 range from Hurrican Electric ipv6 Tunnel. Everything works, but not the DHCP Server. I have set the address advertise=yes. But the firewall shows in the logs that there is no other traffic than ICMP. No DHCP traffic or anything else. What's the problem here?

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:41 am

Should this work now in RouterOS v6.44.3?

It's not working for me. I get an /48 range from Hurrican Electric ipv6 Tunnel. Everything works, but not the DHCP Server. I have set the address advertise=yes. But the firewall shows in the logs that there is no other traffic than ICMP. No DHCP traffic or anything else. What's the problem here?
Because dhcpv6 doesn't working yet. Use router advertisment instead of dhcpv6.

TheFox21
just joined

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Thank you for the information. This thing got me almost insain. I was really wondering what the heck I was doing wrong.

So that means you can create a DHCPv6 Server and Bindings and Pool and so on, but it's not working at all yet? So the UI is here but no functions behind implemented?

proximus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:00 pm

So that means you can create a DHCPv6 Server and Bindings and Pool and so on, but it's not working at all yet? So the UI is here but no functions behind implemented?
The current DHCPv6 server is for handing out prefixes to other routers (DHCP-PD) .... not host addresses. Refer back to post #2, #4.

I really wish MT would add the functionality.

rossi02
just joined

Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi all,

i've got the same issue. Nothing works, the Ipv6 Clients gets no IPv6 Adress or prefix from the FTTH modem. DHCPV6 Server didn't work ...
I spent a lot of time into this issue and i'm nearly to throw the Mikrotik onto the rubbish or i will drive over it with my car ...
It is realy frustrating.
If i connect my Fritzbox to the modem and the Mikrotik to the Fritzbox, the Mikrotik gets an IPv6 address, but if i connect the Mikrotik directly to the modem it receives nothing.

Rgds,
Marcus

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:50 am

Hi all,

i've got the same issue. Nothing works, the Ipv6 Clients gets no IPv6 Adress or prefix from the FTTH modem. DHCPV6 Server didn't work ...
I spent a lot of time into this issue and i'm nearly to throw the Mikrotik onto the rubbish or i will drive over it with my car ...
It is realy frustrating.
If i connect my Fritzbox to the modem and the Mikrotik to the Fritzbox, the Mikrotik gets an IPv6 address, but if i connect the Mikrotik directly to the modem it receives nothing.

Rgds,
Marcus
It depends on how it was implemented by your ISP. If your "modem" requires PPP you should get allocated a subnet via PPP and not DHCPv6-PD. You can tell MikroTik to assign this to a pool like you do with DHCPv6-PD and then distribute out a prefix for each VLAN on the inside.

siouxmaeb
just joined

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:42 pm

FYI - just checked - still the same issue. dhcpv6 doesn't give ip adr

waver
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:02 pm

I trying to implement IPv6 in our ISP network. BGP with peer is ok and OSPFv3 works fine between Edge routers but DHCP Server from Edge routers to Clients routers doesn't works. On the Edge Router, DHCP Server show "bound" but on Client router DHCP client always "searching" don't receive the pool....

Anyone can helpme?

Thanks,