Community discussions

vgdorneles
just joined
Topic Author

Is a hAP S TC possible?

Tue May 22, 2018 3:54 am

I was very excited when I saw the HEX S on the products page. That's why I thought the products that were to be released this year were limited to those announced in newsletter 82.

If hEX S had a wireless card, I'd already be ordering several. But it does not. I've been researching whether the USB supported wireless adapter card, but I found that the ROS no longer supports it.

Is my question to Mikrotik, is it possible to see in the coming months the launch of a hAP S? I know that hAP ac has SFP, but it is very expensive.

Why not a hAP S lite, and a hAP S AC too? For me, provider that attends everything in GPON, would be very welcome.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Is a hAP S TC possible?

Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm

It was always said, that new products will be announced every few weeks, and that is not "All".

Like you observed, hEX S is more expensive than hEX and the hAP ac is more expensive than hAP ac2. Adding more parts adds price (and size).
No answer to your question? How to write posts

vgdorneles
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Hm ... :)
Well, HEX S is $10 more expensive than HEX. If there is hAP S ac2 in the future, and it's $10 more expensive than hAP ac2, I'll definitely buy it.

HAP ac2 S would solve my problem of providing 90Mbps+ to the end user.

juliokato
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Hm ... :)
Well, HEX S is $10 more expensive than HEX. If there is hAP S ac2 in the future, and it's $10 more expensive than hAP ac2, I'll definitely buy it.

HAP ac2 S would solve my problem of providing 90Mbps+ to the end user.
Me too... I want capacitors better too. Kkkkk
I apologize my grammatical errors, my english not so good, I am not a native speaker.
Wiki is maintained in English. I use Google translator. 8)