Community discussions

MikroTik App

vgdorneles
just joined
Topic Author

Is a hAP S TC possible?

Tue May 22, 2018 3:54 am

I was very excited when I saw the HEX S on the products page. That's why I thought the products that were to be released this year were limited to those announced in newsletter 82.

If hEX S had a wireless card, I'd already be ordering several. But it does not. I've been researching whether the USB supported wireless adapter card, but I found that the ROS no longer supports it.

Is my question to Mikrotik, is it possible to see in the coming months the launch of a hAP S? I know that hAP ac has SFP, but it is very expensive.

Why not a hAP S lite, and a hAP S AC too? For me, provider that attends everything in GPON, would be very welcome.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Is a hAP S TC possible?

Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm

It was always said, that new products will be announced every few weeks, and that is not "All".

Like you observed, hEX S is more expensive than hEX and the hAP ac is more expensive than hAP ac2. Adding more parts adds price (and size).

vgdorneles
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Hm ... :)
Well, HEX S is $10 more expensive than HEX. If there is hAP S ac2 in the future, and it's $10 more expensive than hAP ac2, I'll definitely buy it.

HAP ac2 S would solve my problem of providing 90Mbps+ to the end user.

juliokato
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Hm ... :)
Well, HEX S is $10 more expensive than HEX. If there is hAP S ac2 in the future, and it's $10 more expensive than hAP ac2, I'll definitely buy it.

HAP ac2 S would solve my problem of providing 90Mbps+ to the end user.
Me too... I want capacitors better too. Kkkkk