Community discussions

MikroTik App

Migilenik
just joined
Topic Author

RB751 not loading after powerloss

Tue May 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi, i came up to wierd behaviour of my RB751G-2HnD after upgrading to 6.42.2 (current) from "old" 6.40.4. After reboot, suden powerloss or system shutdown, it just won't load. I can see correct SSID on scanner, but i wont even get an IP from dhcp (ethernet or wifi).

After reset to initial config (192.168.88.1), im able to restore backup of my config, but after shutting it down and starting again on another location, its back to square one (a.k.a. not communicating again).

After "downgrade" to 6.40.8 (bugfix), its working again as a charm. So i basically dont have any problem right now, i just thought someone should know. If i should fill a bug report somewhere, please point me in right direction. Thanks and have a great day.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB751 not loading after powerloss

Tue May 22, 2018 7:47 pm

Upgrading to 6.42.2, restoring the configuration, generating supout.rif file and downloading it from the machine while it is alive, then simulating the loss of power to confirm that the issue is still there, and if yes, sending the supout.rif to support@mikrotik com with a link to this topic would be the right way to give Mikrotik the information they need to analyse and fix the issue.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Re: RB751 not loading after powerloss

Tue May 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Before contacting support, do a netinstall with v6.42.2 and test

Migilenik
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB751 not loading after powerloss  [SOLVED]

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:50 pm

I managed to find out where the general problem was. It was not the firmware, it was the old setup. Just after upgrade, everything loaded fine, but after reboot, shutdown or powerloss, routerboard would start, all active interfaces would light up, but no connection would be made.

It was impossible to connect to the router or even get an IP address from dhcp server.

After config reset using the reset button, new firmware would load with default config (192.168.88.1, ...), when trying to restore old config from 6.40.8, all the above would apply again.

BUT When i resetted again, and proceeded with fresh new manual config in new firmware, everything worked like a charm. Powerloss or reboot are not problem anymore. Sorry for the long pause, i was very bussy.

TLDR: Dont restore old config from 6.40.8.

My theory is, that RB didnt workout old master/slave config from file, but its just a theory now.