Community discussions

MikroTik App

birotokmag
just joined
Topic Author

Bandwith of multiple PPPoE link

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask for your opinion in the next question.
Now we have got an RB1100AHx4 with one PPPoE link to the ISP. The speed of existing link is 160/60 and has got dynamic IP address.
We are thinking to get fix IP and register a domain on it, but the price is huge. So huge that it is cheaper to get another PPPoE link(speed: 60/20, same ISP) with fix IP(don't ask why it is cheaper).
What I don't know is if I can aggregate the two PPPoE link or not? If we access a server through the domain what speed can we reach both up and down?
I am not sure about the routing. I think we can use both link for upload but only one link for download. So "the speed of the domain" would be 60/80?

Thank you for your ideas and help in advance

Ákos

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Bandwith of multiple PPPoE link

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:25 pm

I think that you can't aggregate two pppoe clients like two ethernets in bonding.
What you can do is route traffic to pass through one client or another, for example servers on 60/20 and PCs on 160/60.

alli

Re: Bandwith of multiple PPPoE link

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:38 am

You can have one PPPoE connection over two link using MLPPP (https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:M ... iple_links), but you can not combine two PPPoE.