Community discussions

MikroTik App

vgdorneles
just joined
Topic Author

Help with Netinstall Configure Script

Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:45 am

I am using the Netinstall Configure Script feature for the first time.

I made a script and, using Netinstall 6.42.3, I applied through Configure Script, a script on a hAP mini 6.42.3.

When I start hAP mini for the first time, the configuration of the script is there, complete and as I wanted. However, when I use the reset button or the system reset setting, the hAP mini restarts with the Mikrotik factory settings and not with the script I put in the Configure Script.

On the wiki it says:
Configure script (yes | no; Default: no)
If set, then Netinstall will apply a custom configuration script after installing RouterOS. The file must be in .rsc file format and must be produced by the export command. The configuration script will replace the device's default configuration and will be applied each time you reset your device back to the default configuration. Resetting the device without the default configuration is not affected. This behaviour can be reverted using Netinstall and by selecting Apply default config.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Or where can I start troubleshooting?