Community discussions

MikroTik App

bradnz
Topic Author

BGP Peer Same IP

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:27 am

Hi

I realize this has been posted a few times now, but our senario is a bit different so I was hoping that someone could help here. I have moved to Mikrotik recently for our CORE network from CISCO. Very pleased with the results, but I do have one issue.

I have quite a few customers connecting to our PE router. We want to use BGP as our PE to CE protocol. For each customer we have a vrf, routing-mark and routing-table and BGP instance. Every customer though uses a private AS: 65000. Ours is different, and is a public one. Lets call this AS1.

The challenge I have is that across these multiple customers, they have configured the same external (peer) addresses as they connect via a /30 subnet to us. We assign the IP addressing statically. These are private addresses.

Even though the interfaces, VRFs and BGP instances are different, in some instances the external IP addresses could be the same across these for different customers. The challenge I have is that I cant create BGP peers to the CE if there is another peer with the same address as the one I am configured, even though the instances, VRFs and interfaces assigned to the VRF are all different.

CISCO supports this. I was hoping Mikrotik does too. Does anyone have any ideas about this or a way around it? I would rather NOT reIP everything - that is a significant amount of work for me.

Thanks
Brad

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: BGP Peer Same IP

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:23 pm

You can set same IP in different vrf with rd 65000:1 and 65000:2. What is a problem? With symmetric export/import.