Community discussions

MikroTik App

wispvt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

PCC issue with VRRP

Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:03 pm

We have a router that works fine now with our gateway addresses assigned to a bridge and using NAT and PCC mangle rules to load balance through multiple upstream providers. When we try to move the gateway ip's from the bridge to a newly created vrrp interface assigned to the bridge, we notice about 40Mbps and extra traffic flowing on interfaces that are assigned to the bridge that normally don't have virtually any traffic flowing prior. The router is normally running 500-700Mbps at the time in throughput across the bridge. Traffic still seems to be flowing fine through the router.

We have tried changing the pcc mangle rules that are assigned to the bridge and assign to the vrrp but that doesn't resolve it. The router seems to be just dumping random traffic across all ports.

Is there an issues in using vrrp on a bridge and pcc mangle through a NAT firewall to load balance. I am using v6.40.8 which is the latest bugfix.

Thanks

Vagelis

Re: PCC issue with VRRP

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi,
excuse the hijacking of your question but since I can't seem to get my multiwan setup working
(viewtopic.php?f=2&t=135923)
could you please provide some more information about your working setup? I assume you are satisfied with it :-)

Thanx!

Vagelis

wispvt
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Upgrading the firmware from the latest bugfix to the latest current firmware resolved the issue. There were multiple vrrp fixes in the the 6.42 branch.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 am

uff :o :o

PCC + VRRP i think is a very unique and complex setup

definitively with mikrotik possibilities are endless