Community discussions

MikroTik App

cgallery
Topic Author

Webfig: Comments on same-line?

Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:17 pm

I've been learning the Mikrotik way for a couple of months now, enjoying the projects immensely. I've deployed my third unit yesterday (RB750Gr3). I've setup two RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN units as well, one for me and one for a client.

I like the WebFig, I haven't found anything I need to do, that I can't do with the WebFig.

One thing that I think would increase usability, would be an option to display comments on the same row as entries.

For example, now if I had a NAT entry under firewall and add a comment, that comment appears on the line ABOVE the entry in the columnar display. It would sure improve readability if I could instead display It as the first column of the data. I realize long comments may get truncated in the display, it would just be handy and improve how quickly I can read something.

Any option for anything like this now? Has anyone else thought the same thing?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Webfig: Comments on same-line?

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:06 pm

It is not possible to do this right now, but it sure would be a good function.
Also, it would be nice when the other layout options of winbox were also available in webfig.
In my opinion, winbox should be merged into webfig so development can focus on a single solution available on all platforms.

myleskeller
just joined

Re: Webfig: Comments on same-line?

Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:54 am

Sorry for exhuming an old thread, but I wrote a userscript to convert the row comments into inline comments in webfig. This solution probably isn't that efficient, but it gets the job done. You would need a userscript manager extension on your browser like GreaseMonkey, ViolentMonkey, or TamperMonkey in order to enable it.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/47556 ... e-comments