Community discussions

MikroTik App

LordError
just joined
Topic Author

IPv6 problem!!!

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:43 am

Hi
Why are these dynamic IPs included in the Address List in the IPv6 section?
Both in the firewall filter and in the Raw part, it is closed
I do not want any traffic under IPv6 to pass through my router

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: IPv6 problem!!!

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:27 pm

First, where the interface INTERANET leads to? If it's bridge, must be ND working for all of these mess. Troubleshoot it :)

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Where's the problem exactly? That's standard behavior in IPv6.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link-local_address

If you don't want IPv6, disable the IPv6 package and reboot your router. You cannot not have link-local addresses. That's how the protocol works.

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:47 pm

IPv6 packets using Link-local IPv6 addresses are not (and in fact cannot possibly be) forwarded by routers. EVERY network segment has the exact same routing prefix - fe80::/16 - thus it is impossible to communicate with remote link-local addresses even if you wanted to do it. Having these on your router's interfaces does absolutely nothing to give any kind of off-net IPv6 connectivity to the attached devices. Link-local IPv6 addresses can ONLY pass between devices in the same layer2 segment.

IPv6 requires link-local addresses to operate. They're completely necessary and the protocol cannot function without them.

Lastly, disabling IPv6 on your router will NOT stop IPv6-aware devices in your network from communicating directly with each other using their own link-local addresses. The link-local address on the router interfaces is basically its own "point" in the local IPv6 network segment. It's how the router "tunes in" to the local network.

So in short - this is not a problem at all. It's just how IPv6 works. Turning it off would only prevent your router from participating in IPv6, but any IPv6-speaking devices on your LAN can and will use the protocol all day long even if the router doesn't speak it.

LordError
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:17 pm

First, where the interface INTERANET leads to? If it's bridge, must be ND working for all of these mess. Troubleshoot it :)
Hello
This is my fiber router input

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:35 pm

When you see only those fe80 addresses you have no IPv6 address from your ISP.
When you do not want to see these, go to System->Packages, select IPv6, click DISABLE and reboot.

LordError
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:23 am

When you see only those fe80 addresses you have no IPv6 address from your ISP.
When you do not want to see these, go to System->Packages, select IPv6, click DISABLE and reboot.
Thank you first for your reply
But in your opinion
Clear the package, do not clear the problem?
The point is that IPv6 is routed in this way
I want to IPv6 preferably not routing in any way
This firewall has been prevented
Of course, I understand that these IP addresses are local addresses and we can not do anything
Each time it is port-uped, these IP addresses are created

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 am

Your only way to stop IPv6 routing AND the issue of link-local addresses is to disable the entire IPv6 package.
If you only want to stop routing then of course you can put a DROP rule without any further specification into the forward chain in ipv6 firewall.
Then you won't have routing but you can still access the router using IPv6.

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Hoi pe1chl, I have really trouble reading your posts on a tablet. The end of lines are all over the place and that is maybe due drafting in a separate program and pasting into the forum. Maybe you can change something in that process that the lines are not broken.

I can't sent you a PM because it is deactivated here, so I use this way of communicating.

This is how I see your postings:

Of course others have become victim of that when there turned out to be bugs in the service handling the request
(remember logging in to systems by entering the username -froot instead of root because -f meant "no need to authenticate this login"?)
and now the general stance is that a service cannot be trusted no matter if it does authentication or not, you need to lock the attackers
out of the service before they attempt authentication.