Community discussions

MikroTik App

lapsio
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

CRS3xx - Inter VLAN switching?

Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:58 am

Is it possible to perform inter VLAN switching/bridging (wire speed) on single port with CRS3xx switches? I'm asking specifically about single port config because in such case simple VLAN stripping won't do the job as switch doesn't send packets back to the same port if it's not in separate VLAN (MikroTik doesn't seem to support hair-pin)

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CRS3xx - Inter VLAN switching?

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:29 am

maybe switch rules can help??
switch rule.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lapsio
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:36 am

I tried 'naive' way of switch rules aka force the same dst-port as source port without vlans and it didn't work (switch didn't reply to the same port) but hm... I didn't try to do that with MAC vlans enabled. That could possibly work. I'll try. Though MAC vlans itself are accomplished using switch rules so I sense possible difficulties.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:55 am

maybe you are searching for VLAN translation feature,

in CRS 1xx and 2xx had available a lot of features related to that but that switches where too complicate to configure for people not accustomed to switching argot

i think in CRS 3xx mikrotik is taking a more simplistic approach, making configuration more easy to do at the expense of some loss in functionality in comparison with CRS 1xx 2xx, to make CRS line more friendly to a wide public non expert in switching

we'll see if your situation can be solved today or maybe in future software releases, CRS 3xx is very recent and is being improved version after version