Community discussions

MikroTik App

marche
just joined
Topic Author

Unable to access webfig once I set to WISP AP

Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:40 pm

I want to configure my Hap Lite as a secondary AP (no routing, no dhcp, etc). it seems the fastest way is to set as WISP AP, but once I do that I cannot access the webfig by the browser anymore. Only way is to access by mac address on winbox. Is there a way to enable webfig again?

Thor187
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to access webfig once I set to WISP AP

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:48 pm

Same problem here, I plugged the Metal AC into my routerboard, changed the metal to wisp AP, logged out of winbox and now I cannot get back into the metal ac.

pgueorguiev
just joined

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:43 am

Hi, I have similar issue.

I followed this simple guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2RTfaN5KYk
I used Address Acquisition: Automatic
All worked fine as WiFI on RouterBOARD_SXTsq_5 so the clients are connecting fine and have needed routing, but once set in bridge mode,
I cannot access the webfig anymore, in my case, neither to connect by MAC address by winbox because the LAN network (main router) restricts it.

So what else needs to be done to be able to connect to the AP by webfig after a Quick Set to WISP AP?

Thank you

kuklei
just joined

Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 am

Same here. Can connect to internet and main mikrotik but cannot connect to the WISP AP router

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 14, 2019 3:36 pm

Just thinking: as the name suggests (WISP AP), could it be that webfig (and winbox) access is only available through "upstream" wireless interface? After all, if device is provided by (W)ISP, it's only logical that management is only available through "their" interface.

markkane
just joined

Wed May 22, 2019 11:23 pm

I have the same issue. We have used the WISP AP mode for years. Now, for some reason it no longer works. A 5 minutes setup has resulted in 5 hours. Any help would be appreciated.
Once WISP AP is configured, the LAN is set to interface Wlan1 and the WAN is set to interface ether1. Any idea why? Has Mikrotik changed the way this should work?

burnside
just joined

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:38 am

I too have this problem, and about 40 devices to setup. What did Mikrotik change in the setup which locks you out now? The IP Services are enabled, but I can only access via MAC. Did anyone ever get a resolution?

burnside
just joined

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:11 pm

Following the steps described below (originally posted by RavenBlack ) I was successful in setting up WISP AP mode on the Mikrotik hAP RB951Ui-2nD with RouterOS v. 6.44
What fixed it for me was resetting configuration (System -> Reset Configuration and check "No Default Configuration" box).
Connect to the router via cable then use Winbox to access router via MAC address.
When setting WISP AP (via Quick Set interface), set "Mode" to "Bridge", set "Address Acquisition" to "Static", give it an address in the same subnet the DHCP server range and DO NOT set "Gateway" or "DNS Servers" parameters.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=147244&p=726423&hi ... ac#p726423

slavisar
just joined

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Maybe I have stumbled upon solution.
I have had the same problem with couple of Disc lite5.
After setting device as ap-bridge, it becomes invisible to winbox and ping.
Station side, I could connect to bridge-ap only by MAC.
AP side wise, ap-bridge was completely invisible.
Comparing setups I have found that interface list of station-bridge is fine but interface list of bridge-ap misses "bridge".
Add mannualy "bridge" and set as LAN.
After that, ap-bridge is fully available from both sides by IP or MAC.