Community discussions

MikroTik App

henko225
just joined
Topic Author

How do i access mikrotik, i forwarded the only service port (winbox) to an nother ip by accident

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Is there any way off accessing Mikrotik when all the service ports are disabled except the winbox port (that I forwarded to another IP oops...)

Any help would be nice
Resetting is not an option for it is an ISP supplied router and I don't know what was set up on it.

Thanks

karlisi

Re: How do i access mikrotik, i forwarded the only service port (winbox) to an nother ip by accident

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:44 am

If You can access router physically and know IP address from which it is accessible, connect it directly to Your computer, set on computer this (wrong) IP address and that's all. If not, ask ISP, sorry.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How do i access mikrotik, i forwarded the only service port (winbox) to an nother ip by accident  [SOLVED]

Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Have you tried to connect using Winbox to a MAC address of the router? The key is to set the IP address of the computer to a different subnet than the one of the Mikrotik, otherwise Winbox will prefer the connection over IP and thus get port-forwarded.

henko225
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How do i access mikrotik, i forwarded the only service port (winbox) to an nother ip by accident

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:04 pm

Have you tried to connect using Winbox to a MAC address of the router? The key is to set the IP address of the computer to a different subnet than the one of the Mikrotik, otherwise Winbox will prefer the connection over IP and thus get port-forwarded.
Thanks connecting via the mac worked