Community discussions

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

More hAP AC^2 woes! :(

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:18 pm

So it appears AC^2's report their model differently depending on.... I have no idea... different manufacturing dates perhaps?
2018-08-03 12.13.29.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 12.14.17.png
Up to now, my script takes the model, drops the first 12 chars, and reports that to my server (via fetch). It now seems in some cases it's not needed to drop the first 12.

Mikrotik people: Is there anything I can query easily in script (eg firmware version) that will determine which model is reported?

Surely I'm not going to have to resort to doing a string compare on the first 12...? :(

Hey also Mikrotik: it's exactly these undocumented, unnecessary changes that makes dealing with your products so massively frustrating and wastes hours of my time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ecom International Network - Operators of AS61337 with POPs in Europe and North America - www.ecomltd.co.uk
Colocker Data Centre - The data centre with a difference! - www.colocker.com

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: More hAP AC^2 woes! :(

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:22 pm

In this specific case, you see short-name and long-name. If you assume that RouterBOARD = RB (no space), then you could update your script accordingly. I will find out why it was changed. Also it seems that "-TC" was dropped (this indicates case type)
No answer to your question? How to write posts

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:31 pm

I see that, yes.

But doing string comparison in 'Mikrotik script' is tough. Is there some other thing I can query to determine whether to drop either 12 or 2 chars?

...and why is stuff like this NOT DOCUMENTED?? I've wasted 2-3 hours this morning chasing this problem.
Ecom International Network - Operators of AS61337 with POPs in Europe and North America - www.ecomltd.co.uk

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Code: Select all

local board
if ([:pick [:sys ro g mod] 0 11] = "RouterBOARD") do={
set board [:pick [:sys ro g mod] 12 [:len [:sys ro g mod]]]
} else={
set board [:pick [:sys ro g mod] 2 [:len [:sys ro g mod]]]
}
Little workaround for anyone else having the same problem.