Community discussions

jvak
just joined

Re: Sofware VLAN/Bridge on RuterOS explained.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:41 am

Hello,

am new in VLAN solution on mikrotik and i have some problem with it :( if someone could help me it will awsome
that solution kind of works....i can get to cameras but i cannot reach that mikrotik am working at, i cant connect there by winbox or even ping doesnt work
there is my setup

# model = 960PGS
/interface bridge
add name=bridge1 protocol-mode=none vlan-filtering=yes
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether2 ] poe-out=forced-on
set [ find default-name=ether3 ] poe-out=forced-on
set [ find default-name=ether4 ] poe-out=forced-on
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 interface=sfp1 pvid=247
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether2 pvid=81
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether3 pvid=81
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether4 pvid=81
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether5 pvid=249
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether1
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge1 tagged=sfp1 untagged=ether2,ether3,ether4 vlan-ids=81
add bridge=bridge1 tagged=sfp1,ether5 vlan-ids=249
add bridge=bridge1 tagged=sfp1 untagged=ether5 vlan-ids=247
/ip address
add address=192.168.1.1/24 interface=bridge1 network=192.168.1.0
add address=10.22.247.3/24 interface=sfp1 network=10.22.247.0
/ip route
add distance=1 gateway=10.22.247.254
Bez názvu-1.jpg
thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:13 pm

There is a conceptual mistake in what you do. You can either have the tagged end of /interface vlan vlan-id=247 attached to the bridge, and in that case sfp1 can be a member port of that bridge, or you can attach the tagged end of /interface vlan vlan-id=247 directly to sfp1, but in that case sfp1 cannot be a member port of a bridge. The same applies if you attach an IP configuration - if you attach it directly to an interface, that interface cannot be a member port of any bridge. RouterOS will not eject a hand and slap you in the face but it won't work properly.

Plus on the picture you declare VLAN 247 to be tagged on sfp1 but your configuration attempts to have it tagless there and also to have it tagless at ether5 (in another way) whereas the picture does't show it at all.

So first review one more time the actual requirements and maybe fix the picture to express them, and then we can suggest a setup to fulfil those requirements.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Suggest you have a good read (at least twice through this thread and examples to get a good understanding).
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=143620

Once you understand then the wiki here will be more useful and if
you have a special case need for a hybrid port, then look at the fourth diagram on this post:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=143620
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

wtfover
just joined

Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:19 pm

Amazing thread. Hopefully I'll be successful today. I'm surprised my router has not caught fire due to all of the configuration resets I've done in the last 24 hours.