Community discussions

MikroTik App

tony
just joined
Topic Author

Graph Authentication

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:51 am

Hi all.

I have created graphs based on queues which are working pretty ok. However i need to know if its possible to create logins for wach graph instead of the situation where all graphs are accessible by anyone. :?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:53 am

Currently you can only specify 'target-address' allowed to view the particular graph.
You may use external SNMP monitoring server, that will provide users with their graphs and running web-server, that will ask for the authentication to the particular graph.

ferry
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

SNMP server

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:28 am

Yes tony.sergjey solves the problem. u just add snmp in mikrotik in the menu SNMP - and then add(+).u can specify the the address in there. After add the snmp server for the specific address, don't forget to add the user in tab USERS(this user to allow the access of the graph). of course u fill the allowed address. :lol:

tony
just joined
Topic Author

Graph Authentication

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:29 pm

Hey guys. thanks for ur support. However i am not getting anywhere. My routers ip is 192.168.0.1. If i type that ip on my browser and click on graphs, it shows me all the graphs.

How do i create the users and prevent everyone from accessing all the graphs when they access the address of the router?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:31 pm

Set user's IP, then it should be available only for specified user.
Mind the alternative configuration with SNMP server, if graphs web-page authorization is required.

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:21 pm

Or - if you don't want to configure/run MRTG or the like, you could also mirror the /graphs section of the routers' website to another machine (using wget every 5 minutes, for example).
Then provide user authentication on that server...

Best regards,
Christian Meis