Community discussions

MikroTik App

total13
Topic Author

CHR stability

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:03 am

Hello everyone,

I keep experiencing CHR instability as in they keep rebooting once per day. 6 months ago they had uptime of 100+ days, however with recent flood of upgrades we started having issues. Specially after that one release that had issues with HyperV virtualization. The issue was presented to be fixed, and it was definitely better but after upgrading to 6.40.9 and 6.42.9 the issues started repeating again.

Anyone had similar experience?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CHR stability

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:40 pm

What the logs say?
I mean the logs from the hypervisor...

efarey
just joined

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:56 pm

I am also having the same issue. I am logging to disk and memory and nothing out of the normal shows. I only see "system,error,critical - router was rebooted without proper shutdown" after it comes back online. This too started happening since the last round of firmware updates that have come out. I am currently running on 6.43.2 and still have the issue.

Is there a better logging rule that might shed some more light on the issue? i currently just have the default logging but have it logging to disk also. Below are you logging settings;

/system logging action
set 0 memory-lines=10000
set 1 disk-file-name=flash/SystemLog disk-lines-per-file=10000
/system logging
add action=disk topics=info
add action=disk topics=error
add action=disk topics=warning
add action=disk topics=critical

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Sure you cannot see anything in the ros. You should look into the logs of hypervisor to see why the host was stopped.