Community discussions

MikroTik App

opalit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CapsMan Vitual AP works main keeps asking for password

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Help, I have setup 4 x RBcAPGi-5acD2nD Duel Band cAP's to a PowerBox Pro, the Pro was initially setup as a router running CapsMan and everything works fine, as there was already a router on the Network I decided to set the Pro up as a Bridge and set up a VLAN on the router ID 100 and setup a VLAN on the port connected to the router and assigned that VLAN to its own bridge, the VLAN bridge is then entered in the Capsman datapath and that datapath-vlan-main is selected in the configuration file for the caps, everything works great, I have a dual-band Wi-Fi network on a different LAN to the main network.

However my customer now wants staff access, so I created a Virtual AP as a slave to the main one, created a new datapath-slave this time with the main network bridge assigned and created a new config-slave with the new datapath, I created a new security key under security and selected that in the config slave as well, re-booted the caps and low and behold there is my staff network, I select it, it logs in and my network is on the main network, just what I want.

However when I now try to connect to vlan-main network which are the main interface not the slave I keep being asked for the password and it will not logon, if I disable the virtual-ap or slave, I can logon to the main fine and I am back to square one with my AP's on the VLAN network.

I have tried reversing them so the main or staff are on the main network and the guests or slaves are on the VLAN when both are active I can log on VLAN or Slaves but not the Staff or Main, just keeps asking for a password, disable the virtual guest ap or slave and I can log on to staff main fine, I have to deliver and install tomorrow.

How do I export the CAPsMAN configuration.

opalit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CapsMan Vitual AP works main keeps asking for password

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:09 pm

Sorted this problem now, I had to delete the slaves under CAPsMAN and recreate them, it is strange but the new ones created look identical to the ones I deleted.