Community discussions

MikroTik App

biland
just joined
Topic Author

all hotspot users erased after reboot

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:40 am

i couldnt find anybody else having this problem : we have a RB 750 G3 (hex) running on 6.42.9 (bugfix)
on that we have arround 30000 hotspot users on file , we cant have less, because those give service to 50 rural hotspots and we have to leave for each one arround 600 user tickets (like 100 of 1h ,2 h 3h, 5h, 10h, 24h etc) so make the math ..
we dont use user manager here...
Concurrend max users are maybe 60 to 90 so no problem for that RB, it has allmost no firewall rules or other fancy stuff, the cpu idles arround 15 to 20% so no problem there, the HDD has 12mb used of the 16 mb it has (i never undestud why they make them so small) .
The problem we get is, when we install an firmware update or just reboot the router; sometimes allmost all the users get erased (like 600 to 5000 stay alive) and we have to reinstall all of them from backup ..
we have another RB same model all the same just that one has a HDD allmost full (only 500k free memory and i never could figure where to erase those megas difference it has to the other RB) but this one fails way less then the first one described.... but still it sometimes has the users erased too , a third one is a rb951 which has the same problem but even less so its not hardware...
what could be the problem ?

biland
just joined
Topic Author

Re: all hotspot users erased after reboot

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:51 am

Anybody?