Community discussions

butche
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Winbox issue under wine

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:55 am

Running wine 3.17. Winbox runs fine for the most part however, when it attempts to connect to a device using IP (v4 or v6), it is unable to do so. The program does not crash, but it doesn't move forward. I can cancel the attempt and the behaviour is what SHOULD happen with cancel (goes back to the connection window). MAC Winbox connects just fine. Other programs that use IP comms are working just fine (the Dude for example). I am stuck with trying to figure out what the next steps in troubleshooting would be. starting the app in the terminal does show things happening, but no related errors that I can see. I am running Fedora 28 using the mate desktop. Just a few days ago, it was running without issue, as it has for a long time. I believe it was following an update that it began failing, but I think it was running after the update for a while.
Last edited by butche on Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Butch Evans
Mikrotik Certified Trainer
Mikrotik Certified Consultant
BLOG: blog.butchevans.com
http://store.wispgear.net/

w0lt

Re: Winbox issue under wine

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:16 am

For me, running a Mac, I've been using "CrossOver" for a number of years successfully. The downside was it never seem to run "Netinstall" at all. This has now changed with the version 18 update that I just installed today. I can now run netinstall perfectly. What a joy! Winbox v3.18 runs perfectly.

-tp
MTCNA - 2011

" The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten "

rollopack
just joined

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:13 am

I've been using Winbox with wine and Debian for several months and I've never encountered connection problems

butche
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:13 pm

That's all great, but "it works for me" isn't any help. As I stated in my original post, " it worked for me for YEARS", so if that was the solution, I would not have had to post. I apologize if this sounds rude, but WOW!
--
Butch Evans
Mikrotik Certified Trainer
Mikrotik Certified Consultant
BLOG: blog.butchevans.com
http://store.wispgear.net/