Community discussions

MikroTik App

v3locity
just joined
Topic Author

CRS328-24P-4S+RM Static Link Aggregation in RouterOS

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:20 am

Hi,

I recently purchased a CRS328-24P-4S+RM to replace a Netgear switch that I currently have.

Initial impression is really good and very happy with the CRS328, however, I am having some problems configuring static link aggregation in RouterOS mode. I am currently evaluating both RouterOS and SwOS modes.

How do I configure static link aggregation in RouterOS? I can't seem to find the instruction for this in the wiki. I am currently using the following to create the bonding interface:

Code: Select all

/inteface bonding add slaves=ether20,ether22,ether24 mode=802.3ad transmit-hash-policy=layer-2-and-3
This creates an LACP bonding interface, however, my problem is the other end (ESXi with standard vSwitch) only supports static link aggregation (and not LACP) and there are intermittent problems where the link stops forwarding randomly.

In SwOS, I am able to create a static link aggregation using instructions similar to https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/SwOS/CSS326#LAG and it seems to work fine.

My question is whether static link aggregation is supported in RouterOS mode and how to configure.

Many thanks!

hero12
just joined

Re: CRS328-24P-4S+RM Static Link Aggregation in RouterOS

Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:04 am

I join the question because in fact there is static trunk in other devices, but on CRS326 it is not possible (only SwOS???).