Community discussions

MikroTik App

Hoov
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Winbox layout

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Is there a way to edit the winbox layout so you can view each device with the same layout. I looked around and it appears at one point there was an edit function for that, but I the copy of Winbox I have there is no edit. Thanks for any help.

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Winbox layout

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:55 pm

Hello,

GUI editing is available only for webfig, although this would be great for winbox.

Regards,

Sent from Tapatalk

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:10 am

You can not 'edit' the layout, but you can make changes and save the session.
I.E. open the windows you want to see, make changes to the columns, inline comments etc so it looks how you want it to look.

Then under file you can go 'Save As' and it will save as a .viw file, then in winbox you can choose a session from the dropdown before opening.

I have a few sessions based on the type of router im connecting to (PPPoE server, BGP router, Firewall router etc) and its important to untick 'Autosave on close' in winbox, so when you make changes as your looking around it doesnt overwrite your session file with that.

Hoov
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:36 am

Thanks joegoldman, That is what I was looking for.
AlainCasault, I just want to edit the layout not the GUI. There are things I want to see on certain pages, not what is there by default. But I wanted to be able to do it in a mass edit sort of way.