Community discussions

MikroTik App

iam8up
Topic Author

RB4011 SFP not staying up/linked

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:05 pm

I currently have a CCR1009 that uses a bidi module. There is a spare that also works. Both SFPs work in both the SFP and SFP+ cage of the CCR.

If I plug either module into the one SFP+ slot of the RB4011, the module comes up just fine. As soon as I introduce the light to it, though, the SFP keeps blinking (loses info, link goes up/down). I made a video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/fcNXjPpNksaDApTZ6

I don't think there is any configuration here but let me know what I can check. The board is running arm 6.43.4 (Stable) with the Routerboot included from it.

nescafe2002
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RB4011 SFP not staying up/linked

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:24 pm

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MikroTik ... ansceivers

For MikroTik devices with SFP+ interface that support both 10G and 1G link rate following settings are needed to be set on both linked devices for required interfaces. These settings only relate when optical SFP transceivers are used. In order to get them working in 1G link rate, use the following configuration:
  • auto-negotiation disabled
  • port speed 1G
  • FD

Disable autoneg on both ends and it will work.

iam8up
Topic Author

Re: RB4011 SFP not staying up/linked

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:52 pm

I can't change the remote side but I changed my side to 1gig full and it still did the same thing - the SFP info would blink.

I'd rather avoid changing the carrier side when their default works everywhere else, including the CCR.

EDIT: change of heart, I had the carrier set to 1000full instead of auto and the rb4011 is happy. I'm passing traffic and all. Not sure I like how CCR acts differently than rb4011 but what can you do...

After thinking about it it's easier for me to set my devices to 1000full rather than depend on auto anywhere.