Community discussions

MikroTik App

900mhzdude
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

bypassin 1:1 NAT to get Public IP Bridged to local server

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:40 pm

We are a WISP and we are doing 1:1 NAT with Proxy Arp to distribute our public IP's

Normally I would set a Mikrotik at a clients house and bridge it with the IP we attached the Public to and works perfect

the issue is we have a server plugged into our Core router I can't seem to get working

I attached the Public to the Ethernet port instead of a local IP but this does not seem to be working

Can anyone send some hints my way? really want to get our server up and going today and does not seem like it should be this hard to bridge a public IP on the same router

Thanks

900mhzdude
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: bypassin 1:1 NAT to get Public IP Bridged to local server

Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:00 pm

if I bridge eth8 the ethWan will this bridge whatever public I want to eth8 or will it create some type of loop?

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: bypassin 1:1 NAT to get Public IP Bridged to local server

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:59 am

I'd have to see a diagram to be certain but proxy ARP and NAT should not be required to place a public IP directly on a device or server.

Like your second post, create a bridge, add the interface towards the server and upstream ISP as bridge ports on a VLAN of your choice. Migrate any existing IP addresses to the bridge, disable proxy ARP, add IP addresses to the bridge for anything that has to NAT through the MikroTik. Add the public IP directly to the device or in this case server.