Community discussions

MikroTik App

nitrohydride
Topic Author

Qos hints

Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:36 pm

Hello,

1. I would like to find out whether my attempt to provide some QOS into my network makes any sense:
mikrotik.jpg
In case when every group download something with maximium available speed:
  • I would like to give admins at least 50 % of bandwidth (during stress moments, pcq)
  • All users should have remaining 50 % of bandwidth (during stress scenario,pcq)
  • on the other hand, when network isn't loaded hard, every user should get as much as possible.
I think everything works fine (during stress either admin and users get's 3Mbps)

My question is, will (during stress) 50 % of bandwidth for users distributed equally among all of them ( for instance 6 users in this group, each of them should get 0,5 Mbps).
During tests i could check only 2 users + 1 admin, and i couldn't measure how much will get each of them.
Please note that my packet marks with comments - "admin" and "users" contains IP pools (not single Ip's)

Will this setup work for 10 admins and 40 users (of course with better connection)?

2. I also tried to do some test regarding what i've mentioned above, but it doesn't work. For this setup queue tree rules doesn't work (but packet marks do) :
all bandwitdh (passthrough ticked)
users (passthrough ticked)
user1 , user2 (passthrough unticked)

Users rule on Queue tree works only when untick "passthrough" in in action bookmark of "users" mangle rule, but when i do this " user1" and "user" 2 mangle rules doesn't work............
How can i measure selected single user bandwidth for my queue tree ?

Best Regards,
SB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Qos hints

Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi

Equals distribution depends on the configuration of pcq: make sure you group traffic based on internal ip only.

Queue tree needs all packets to be marked with associated tag, so it will recognise it and assign to its queue.

nitrohydride
Topic Author

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:40 pm

Thank you for the answer, but still it didn't help me.
I have two groups of users (i shared ip range for 2 parts). I need to know whether 1/2 of banditch will be equally distributed among ip's inside each range.
mikrotik3.jpg
In example above when i have connected 4 computers ( and everyone is downloading in the same time)

192.168.88.2 - should get 3Mbps
192.168.88.128- should get 1Mbps
192.168.88.129- should get 1 Mpps
192.168.88.130- should get 1 Mbps

Will my queue tree achieve this goal ? Is this efficient?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:51 pm

with
pcq-download set to dst-address
pcq-upload set to src-address

you will

nitrohydride
Topic Author

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:59 pm

Thanks, i realize that, but now i am testing rules for download only.
I would like also to find out how efficient is this solution - the main goal is to avoid situations, when someone doesn't have any available bandwidth (it happens without any queue rule)
In case when someone downloads and connection bandwidth is full, will the user automatically get some part of bandwitch (to browse, or check an email) ?

I expect to have 10 users in 1st ip range (2-127) , and 20 in the second (128-254).

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:29 pm

yes, rebalancing is implicit and based on demand/usage