Community discussions

donsergio
Topic Author

Can´t access live cams through lan

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi, I have a network with a Mikrotik RB450G with two remote sites (wireless transparent bridge) and a vide recorder on each site. Each site connect through pppoe to the main mikrotik and do masquerade.

The trouble that I have is that I can´t access to the camera recorder through inside the lan.... If I connect from my mobile from 4G I can access to the Cameras, but inside the lan I can´t see cameras... get timeout....

How I can solve it? I tried several thinks, but open ports can´t be, because if the trouble comes from ports I can´t see cameras from outside the lan....

Thanks!!

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can´t access live cams through lan

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:14 pm

If you're trying to connect to camera DVR in exactly the same way as from public internet (i.e. 4G), then you need to set up "Hair-pin NAT". Search around this forum and you'll find some good instructions.
BR,
Metod

donsergio
Topic Author

Re: Can´t access live cams through lan

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 pm

If you're trying to connect to camera DVR in exactly the same way as from public internet (i.e. 4G), then you need to set up "Hair-pin NAT". Search around this forum and you'll find some good instructions.
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply, I´ll check it and test. I told you when checked. Thanks a lot!!