Community discussions

cvillegas
just joined
Topic Author

Inbound routing with 2 ISP lines

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 am

I have a single mikrotik CCR1036-12G-4S router connected to 2 ISP lines from the same provider. One line (A) is for static IP subnet where we expose our servers. The other line (B) is dynamic IP where I configured a DHCP client and we use for outbound traffic.
Everything works OK except for incoming traffic from other external users of our provider which are given dynamic addresses in the same subnet as us (B). They cannot access our servers. Another user happens to live near our office and uses the same service provider, and it looks like his home connection connects to the same concentrator because he gets an address within the same subnet (same mask) as we get with our DHCP client. He cannot access our servers which is very bad because he happens to be my boss!
What I think is happening is that his connection comes through line (A) to our public static IP addresses, but the return packets go back through the second line (B) because as far as the router is concerned, it's connected directly to that interface.
Any way I can assure that packets coming one way go back the same way?
I suspect this can be solved with routing marks but I tried several things in the mangle and routing rules without success.
Any hints?

Thanks,
Carlos

sebastia
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Inbound routing with 2 ISP lines

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi

That is indeed the case. You can solve it by
* marking the connection coming over A, and ensuring that each packet in prerouting linked to connection over A gets routing-mark to route it out over A.
* if it's ipv4 based, use policy based routing (/ip route rule): all packet from servers in A range need to go out over A connection

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 pm

You should post your NAT Rules, Mangle Rules and IP Route rules here as well for assistance.

sebastia
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Not-natting through connection B could theoretically work, but if ISP does source based filtering, it won't...