MikroTik App

trace323
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CCR Mikrotik Bandwidth Test - Urgent...-Important

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi All,

I have been using Mikrotiks for a very long time and I am started to notice a trend when I am running a bandwidth test off my Mikrotiks. For example, lets say I have a 500/500 Fiber Connection.

I would normally run a bandwidth test first for the download and get 520, and upload 500. Then I would run the test for both at the same time, using TCP. I would be able to get 500/500 on both and it would only use 1% cpu usage that would display on the top right corner.

Now I am seeing, a major issue where I am only getting 500down/200 upload when running "both" tcp protocol test. I see on the top corner it should around 20% cpu. This is a major issue.

i go to System > resources >CPU and I see the one CPU maxing out. Preventing me from getting the 500 upload...

Now If i use UDP as the protocol, I can get 500/500 and the CPU usage on the Mikrotik remains low, and in the resource tab for the CPU. I see its using multiple CPUs as before. Unlike TCP it's only using 1 CPU....

I remember when I would only use 6.32.2 firmware because I knew this firmware was good at that time, and during that time I can confirm speed test and get the correct speeds from the ISP.

This has to be a firmware related issue, as I never had this kind of problems before.

eddieb

Re: CCR Mikrotik Bandwidth Test - Urgent...-Important

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:20 pm

You should sent support questions to support@mikrotik.com

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Mikrotik has mentioned few times, bandwidth test should not be performed on the router itself.
In your case, maybe some changes were done to generator logic making it more heavy...

nescafe2002
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:10 pm

Testing channel has multithreaded btest.

trace323
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:02 am

Mikrotik has mentioned few times, bandwidth test should not be performed on the router itself.
In your case, maybe some changes were done to generator logic making it more heavy...

--

Nothing has changed on my end. I am runinng the test from my Mikrotik to the the Btest Mikrotik, which I've done so many time since it got available le to us. i never had a problem hitting my bandwidth coming from the ISP,until I started to upgrade the firmware's on the Mikrotiks ( had no other options) so many exploited firmware's..

Reason why I use that because i want to ensure I am getting the full speeds from my ISP, for example, when a site is complaining about slow speeds. I can perform that test, and other test to ensure it's not a ISP issue or some sort of bottleneck on my network. Like I said I've been doing it for years and never a problem before.

I would expect this to be a concern to people who are using the CCR Mikrotiks. Following;

CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+
CCR1036-12G-4S
CCR1016-12G

This is not a configuration issue on my end.

Guntis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:56 am

Please write to support@mikrotik.com and describe the problem in more detail.

trace323
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Please write to support@mikrotik.com and describe the problem in more detail.
I have emailed support.

Thanks,

trace323
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:16 pm

Hello All,

I haven't gotten a response back .. SO yeah

This sucks a lot..

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:40 am

It's also weekend around most of the world - give it a couple business days.