Community discussions

MikroTik App

done411
Topic Author

several AP's including Hotspot

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 am

Hi,

i am building a setup at our home where we are renting some kind of Studioapartments.

I am pretty new with the "RouterOS - World" and i can say that i #really appreciate the opportunities and the flexibility of Mikrotik.

I have attached a draw of my setup and i do not expect any detailed explanation.
My main questions are:

- How can I build up a hotspot environment where i can use the ethernet ports (from all AP's on 1st and 2nd floor) for my smart TVs with bandwith limitation.

- Does the CAPsMAN configuration makes sense in case that I can separately configure the Ethernet ports on all AP's on floor 1 and 2? (for Smart TV)

- Can the radius server from the Main Router (hap ac) handle all the users from all the AP's on 1st and 2nd Floor? Or do I need to build new user management system on every AP?

- If I need to build up different DHCP Client for every floor how can the smart tv's communicate with my NAS? Over DDNS and and loopback?

If anyone have any advice to build this environment I would be really happy for any kind of response.

Thanks in advance!
Filip
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 00.13.05.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: several AP's including Hotspot

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:24 am

Thank you for taking the time to diagram, it helps. I think now you should write a simple text description that details the access and permissions you're thinking about. At first, I was thinking every floor (of which there are two clients) would all be segmented. But then you asked about how can all the SmartTV's hit your NAS.

You might try telling us something like this:
I want to create 4 separate networks. Each network will support local LAN device access, and the internet, but nothing else. However, each LAN contains a SmartTV, and I want that singular device - that exists inside each network - to be able to hit a shared resource. I'll have 2 SmartTVs per network. Each network will be served via a WiFi router combo (so they have local ethernet ports too if desired).

I need to QoS the SmartTV bandwidth and each of the WiFi router's too.

korg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Filip,

you can contact me... I could help you

Zeljko

done411
Topic Author

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Thank you for replies.

Short description:

Ground floor:

- hap ac: Main router, with private WiFi (no Hotspot). connected to Smart TV (no bandwidth limitation) and Synology Media Server.
Synology: Should be reachable from all Smart TV's on all Floor's

1st Floor:
All WiFi connections should work as Hotspot's with username and password + time & bandwidth limitation
All Smart TV's should have bandwidth limitation but not Hotspot login.

2nd Floor:
same as 1st Floor

Is it possible to have on 1st and 2nd floor a private Wifi parallel with the Hotspot WiFi. Because some family members are going to visit us. Or i can create another hotspot profile without limitations for the family members.

I am really not sure how many network should i create.

done411
Topic Author

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:02 pm

Filip,

you can contact me... I could help you

Zeljko
Hi Zeljko,
can you send a message? Cant find an option to send you a pm.

done411
Topic Author

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 am

Thank you for taking the time to diagram, it helps. I think now you should write a simple text description that details the access and permissions you're thinking about. At first, I was thinking every floor (of which there are two clients) would all be segmented. But then you asked about how can all the SmartTV's hit your NAS.

You might try telling us something like this:
I want to create 4 separate networks. Each network will support local LAN device access, and the internet, but nothing else. However, each LAN contains a SmartTV, and I want that singular device - that exists inside each network - to be able to hit a shared resource. I'll have 2 SmartTVs per network. Each network will be served via a WiFi router combo (so they have local ethernet ports too if desired).

I need to QoS the SmartTV bandwidth and each of the WiFi router's too.
I have added the description. Do you have any advice?

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:34 pm

I have added to the description. Do you have any advice?

Your setup is very doable. You'll need to understand a lot about VLANing and or RouterOS. There are several ways to do this. Are you renting your house for AirBNB use? Do floor tenants need physical access to ethernet ports? I'm guessing not and you're only supplying WiFi. With that in mind, if it were me, I would:

Follow your diagram, but with the exception that each room's hAP AC is wired back to a port on the main floor's router/switch. So, your main router is not another hAP AC, but probably a RB4011 which has enough ports.

Here is my diagram of your setup. I don't know if you want each Room to be segmented from each other. If so, each room is just another network. Seems like you want the NAS to be accessible from both the SmartTv VLAN and Private network. If you need any further help, I will bill you at my standard rate.

Networks.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.