MUM Europe 2020

braidiano
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

hidden/ghost script

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Hello,

we done a netinstall on a router after we dicovery some hidden script. There is no script on the system-> script lists, but we found some execution in Jobs section.
After netinstall, I enforced the firewall rules, and blocked also winbox in input and output chain (previous winbox was only blocked by IP filter on ip->services) and all ports are blocked, excepts winbox and other ports but only from our office IP, both in input and output filter chains.

But tomorrow I found already the hidden scripts execution:
hidden_jobs.png
So, i wondering if there is some zero day exploit that install the scripts bypassing the firewall rules, and how can I clean the router? This is a remote router, and is very difficult to do a 2nd netinstall in less that one week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alexanwar
just joined

Re: hidden/ghost script

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:04 pm

probably you have terminal session open, either from telnet, ssh or winbox. change your admin password if you suspect unauthorized access to your router.

markos222
just joined

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 pm

HI,

when you open terminal window on winbox it opens a new job on scripts, when you close it it desapears

Markos

braidiano
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:38 pm

Thank you! I dont know that when you open a new terminal it opens a new job..