Community discussions

MikroTik App

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

DNS Flag Day

Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:09 pm

For you experts out there, anything about this that I as a end user running MT routers to get to the internet need to do or look out for?
https://dnsflagday.net/

Pea
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: DNS Flag Day

Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:17 am

Did you read the website briefly?
There is no reason to worry if you are an Internet user without your own domain name. This change is affecting you only indirectly and you do not need to take any other steps.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:16 am

Did you read the website briefly?
There is no reason to worry if you are an Internet user without your own domain name. This change is affecting you only indirectly and you do not need to take any other steps.
I did read it. I have three domains that run on my own server, but I get DNS from a commercial service provider - so I should not have to worry about that.. That page (or another page when I googled it) did talk about filtering DNS properly and that part might require stuff for a home user. Hence my question.
Entertainingly my three domains show as "Minor problems". Guess I need to advise my DNS provider...

Joni
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 24, 2019 5:51 am

Just some follow up on the subject in general https://www.zdnet.com/article/dns-flag- ... p-queries/
accompanied by a quote from Mikrotik Wiki:
A MikroTik router with DNS feature enabled can be set as a DNS server for any DNS-compliant client. Moreover, MikroTik router can be specified as a primary DNS server under its dhcp-server settings. When the remote requests are enabled, the MikroTik router responds to TCP and UDP DNS requests on port 53.