Community discussions

Mineus
just joined
Topic Author

VPN reach hosts on one subnet but not another

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Hello all,

I have 2 subnets, each on separate bridges (why 2 bridges? I am not sure but I just made it this way out of convenience for now)

Mikrotik router IP is 192.168.88.1
Bridge_A with 192.168.88.0/24, DHCP by router, no VLAN, all devices through single ether port
Bridge_B with 192.168.0.0/24, DHCP by router, further divided into VLAN_10 and VLAN_55 (yes both vlans are on same subnet, again, just to keep things simple for now)

I'm trying to create road warrior VPN to have access to both subnets.

The problem: The connections are established and I could reach every hosts on 88.0/24 but I could not ping any of the local 0.0/24 devices at all. I tried assigning the vpn clients IP from both subnets but the result is the same. Clients who each connect remotely can see each other.
I suspect it's a firewall or bridging problem. I rarely post for help as I prefer to dig my way through but I'm really hitting the limit. Hope someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

And as a side question: does having 2 separate bridges make practical sense? In my case, I was experimenting with mikrotik vlans and wanted to keep troubleshooting hiccups away from the main bridge.