Member Candidate
Topic Author

RouterBoard OS

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 pm

My post to a StarOS forum

http://forums.star-os.com/showthread.php?t=6084

MikroTik Solution

Stratolinks,

I have since tried MikroTik’s 532A with RouterBoard OS, and am wowed! I now have 3 of them, and will be getting another 5 to replace my AP1000’s and StarOs unit. I have seen a lot less issues, and there is no problem with supply. I love the load balancing, bandwidth control, and not having to disconnect customers when activating changes. It’s nice not having to reboot anymore! And there Signal Utility is great! So much more detailed. I also love being able to copy and paste script on the fly! There is a larger learning curve involved, but so far it’s been well worth it. The only reason I returned to this forum is because my StarOS unit has never displayed the correct time, and thought I could get info on how to correct it. No luck there! Thanks for bring MikroTik’s existence to my attention!

I'm even going to give the 133C CPE board a try soon, If all works well I hope to swap out all my customer cpe's with them and start using the WDS feature.

bushy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:11 pm

No doubt the reply to that post will be " the xscale board is faster look: " etc .
I really don't understand why st#ros has all the faults it has , they've been a t it a few years now and they did afaik buy the info from atheros so wheres the problem ? Its just a simple front end on an OS with a driver , with none of the cute tricks like nstreme, mac-telnet and so on ...

cmon69
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Posts Removed Forum!

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:28 pm

I just checked to see if I had any replys to my post on the StarOS forum, and found that they removed the whole thread! I guess they didnt like my opinion? maybe they are scared that others might give MikroTik a try. I know I won't go back to StarOS!!! not after seeing what MikroTik can do!!

Christapher James Hasher
Waseca Wireless

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:42 am

thanks for the support, if you have any questions - you have found the right place :)

cmon69
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

enclosure for their RB/133C

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:37 pm

Does MikroTik make an enclosure for their RB/133C unit?

Christapher James Hasher
Waseca Wireless

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:42 pm