Community discussions

MikroTik App

martking
just joined
Topic Author

Multiple IPsec clients from same public IP

Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:48 am

Hi All,

I am sure this may have been asked before, however I don't seem to be able to find anyone trying to achieve exactly what I am trying to do.

I have 3 Mikrotik's as follows

1 X CHR Router hosted in the cloud with a public IP address eg 1.1.1.1
2 X Mips devices these will be used as clients behind a single public ip eg 2.2.2.2

I can get both devices to establish connection using a dynamic peer,and each device communicates with a VLAN setup on the CHR, the problem is when they are both connected at the same time i lose connectivity on the remote subnets until one device is disabled. even though both policy's are showing as established

Has anyone found a work around for this scenario

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Multiple IPsec clients from same public IP  [SOLVED]

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:24 am

Hi All,

I am sure this may have been asked before, however I don't seem to be able to find anyone trying to achieve exactly what I am trying to do.

I have 3 Mikrotik's as follows

1 X CHR Router hosted in the cloud with a public IP address eg 1.1.1.1
2 X Mips devices these will be used as clients behind a single public ip eg 2.2.2.2

I can get both devices to establish connection using a dynamic peer,and each device communicates with a VLAN setup on the CHR, the problem is when they are both connected at the same time i lose connectivity on the remote subnets until one device is disabled. even though both policy's are showing as established

Has anyone found a work around for this scenario

Is the level property in the IPSEC policy set to unique?

martking
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Multiple IPsec clients from same public IP

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:33 am

You sir are a gent,

I had one client set to unique and the other set to require, set them both to unique and bang all working

Thank you

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Multiple IPsec clients from same public IP

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:43 am

Glad to hear!