Community discussions

MikroTik App

gutekpl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Exclude guest network from fasttrack to limit its bandwidth with simple queue - possible?

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 am

Hello.
I just spent some time digging why simple queues doesn't work and then I found that fasttrack doesn't come along with them. Actually I didn't have idea what fasttrack is so I read some stuff and I liked it. However I would also like to have my guest wifi limited to 5MB. Guest pool network is 192.168.100.0/24. I though't of something like that, but looks like it doesn't work. Any idea why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Re: Exclude guest network from fasttrack to limit its bandwidth with simple queue - possible?  [SOLVED]

Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:56 am

Add accept rules for guest subnet before fasttrack rule

gutekpl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Exclude guest network from fasttrack to limit its bandwidth with simple queue - possible?

Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:59 am

Switched places 7 with 8 and now it works. Is that good way too? Or should I copy this allow rule and for guest network place it above fasttrack and for rest leave it under fasttrack as it was?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Exclude guest network from fasttrack to limit its bandwidth with simple queue - possible?

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:12 am

With the above setup the fasttrack is "disabled" as it never applies. You'll need your second suggestion:
1. accept not to be fast-tracked traffic
2. fasttrack
3. accept for faststrack

gutekpl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:24 am

Thank You. It didn't work at beginning when I applied network IP in allow rule same as in fasttrack but without "!", but when I used whole guest bridge it works.

But as I am very curious person one more thing did cross my mind. If the guest-accept rule is now above fasttrack, then it should catch traffic before it reaches fasttrack right? So I could remove that !192.168.100/0/24 from fasttrack rule. But when I do that it just passes the allow rule above and goes at full speed again. Why is that?

nostromog
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 am

It is possible that the confusion has arisen because the
accept=established,related,untracked
works with long term connections,
so when you make changes you need to wait for existing connections to end, or else remove them (which will cause a storm of invalid packets...)

You can watch the existing connections with
/ipv6 firewall connections print where src-address~"^192.168.100" or dst-address~"^192.168.100"