Community discussions

gutekpl
Topic Author

wifi AC speed went down from 7xx mbps to 1xx mbps after migrating wlans to CAPsMAN

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Hey.
hAP AC2 is my main router on which wifi worked at full speed until it was configured "localy" (in wireless instead of capsman). In order to extend wifi range I bought cAP AC. There was some mess with configuration, because of my three vlans and multiple ssid, but I finally managed it. Everything is working fine, but I noticed that connection speed on all of my 5g devices went down from 7xx mpbs (I think it was 733 but not sure) to 130-170). Doesn't matter if I am standing 1m from hAP or cAP and I connect to guests network which only operate on 5g and it shows me 1xx mbps speed. I think it has to do something with channel setup (when hAP was alone, channels were set to auto, but I dont see such option in capsman) but I tried to change everything and it doesn't help. Samsung galaxy phone is marked red in registration table, it used to have full ac speed.

Tried to set
- 40mhz turbo
- extension channel to Ceee
- remove country from settings
- remove indoor from settings

Any idea what happened?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdiedrich
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: wifi AC speed went down from 7xx mbps to 1xx mbps after migrating wlans to CAPsMAN

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:11 pm

Are you talking about throughput or connected rates?
Connected rates don't give you too much information when the device is idle. They're adjusted dynamically based on load and connection quality.

If you're talking about throughput, I'd first check data path which should be "local forwarding" for high-throughput scenarios. Using manager-forward in a bridge quickly maxes out the APs CPU.

Auto-Channels will automatically jump in when leaving the channel field blank in the configuration.

And finally: Are you sure you still need 802.11a? Better go for n/ac or ac-only.

-Chris
Christopher Diedrich
MTCNA, MTCUME, MTCWE
Basel, Switzerland
Bremen, Germany

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
There are two types of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

gutekpl
Topic Author

Re: wifi AC speed went down from 7xx mbps to 1xx mbps after migrating wlans to CAPsMAN

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 pm

No, I removed .11a just after posting that post - realized it is not used anymore.

Anyway problem solved, turns out that in MikroTik the best way is to not touch options which You are not sure how works.
I removed "control channel" and "extension channel" and speeds are now ok. Thanks for assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.