Community discussions

fstirparo
just joined
Topic Author

Winbox disconnects after few seconds

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:37 pm

Hi folks, I've seen a couple of post related to this issue and I'm one of it's victims too.

I've justo bought one hEX (RB750Gr3) and two wAP AC (RBwAPG-5HacT2HnD-US).
I have the same problem with both the router and the AP but with different behaviors. With the router I can overcome the problem by connecting my PC to the router using an Ethernet cable. With the AP this approach is not possible and I'm not being able to configure it. If I have no tab opened (ie. QuickSet) it remains connected but a couple of seconds after I open configuration tabs it gets disconnected.

I've read about voltage related issues so I'll try to change how I'm injecting PoE and the other thing I have to try is to connect the AP to the router with no switches inbetween. I'll post later if that fixes the problem.

Meanwhile If anyone has any clue on how to fix this problem I'll be very thankful.

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Winbox disconnects after few seconds

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:15 pm

Hello

Are you connecting using an IP address or a mac address?

If it's the MAC, yes you may loose connectivity often. Use a IP as soon as possible.

Regards

Sent from my cell phone. Sorry for the errors.

fstirparo
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Hello

Are you connecting using an IP address or a mac address?

If it's the MAC, yes you may loose connectivity often. Use a IP as soon as possible.

Regards

Sent from my cell phone. Sorry for the errors.
Alain, thanks for your answer, I've tried both ways and the same happens. Something that is also weird is that I can ping the AP's IP Address (172.16.1.2) but I can't access Webfig at http://172.16.1.2

fstirparo
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:33 pm

I have reset the wAP AC configuration and with the default configuration (Router Mode and IP 192.168.88.1) I can connect with Winbox or Webfig and use the Quick Set tab without being disconnected. After changing the AP to bridge mode and configuring its IP to 172.16.1.2 (my router has 172.16.1.1) I can't access using Webfig anymore and the disconections reappear.

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Hy again!!

If you can winbox but not webfig, check that the IP Service for TCP 80 is not disabled. Could be that simple. :|

If you use "bridge" mode (and it's not a typo), then your problem could lay there. I'm not in front of a router right now, but you should be set as AP-bridge mode, and I THIIIIINK (crap memory on my part ;) ) that the field labelled "bridge mode" (or something like that... not sure of exact syntax) should be set at "enabled". Otherwise, it'll be a L3 connection. To be certain, look at how MT did it with their default config.

Let me know how it works out.