Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Saifur
just joined
Topic Author

want to know suitable wifi router for me

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:33 am

Dear Concern,

Hope you are fine and doing good. Actually, I want to establish a wifi zone with 30 users max. Wifi zone should have following features:
1) When a user wants to connect my wifi network he needs to use separate user/password ( there will not be any common user). That means every new user who wants to connect, he needs to inform me, and I will create a separate user/password for him.
2) when i provide him a user, only one device (mobile/laptop) can use that user. any other device can't connect with wifi using the same user at the same time. Means one user support only one session
3) i will assign a certain time (like 30 min/ 2 days/7 days) for each user. So that user can use that user/pass only for 30 min. after 30 min, my wifi system automatically disconnects that user. and delete that user from system

please suggest me what type mikrotik device will be suitable for me.

Thanks
Saifur
saifur.processengine@gmail.com

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: want to know suitable wifi router for me

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:50 pm

Just to confirm a few things.
You may have up to 30 users and thus 30 devices connected at any one time?
What is the area to be covered by the wifi - where will users be expecting to connect which should define the area.
Are there walls in the way and floors in the way?
Will devices be connecting on 2ghz or 5ghz ???

I ask because one device may not be designed to adequately support 30 simultaneous users and the distances/obstacles may be too significant.
Thus this may require two devices for example.

For the hotspot/radius type questions I have no experience. Hopefully someone who has used hotspot built-in to MT products can help.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

kiaunel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Hotspot +UserManager is all that you need, depending of your are where users will connect you will need one or more accesspoints

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Saifur
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:32 am

Hi,
All user will be a open field within 3000 sqr feet. If need multiple device, please inform me. I just want to know solution of Hotspot with user Manager. Please suggest

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:37 pm

There are two schools of thought, use the main router for all, or get a second unit, like a hex, to handle the hotspot functionality.
I have no experience but either way will work from what I have read.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

Saifur
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:29 am

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply. As per my study abt mikrotik, each route have user manager. Just inform me a router name which user manager allow me to create 5 user and can set time limit for each user. Like user01 =30 min, user02=40 min. So after 30 min user01 will automatically disconnect from router. Please inform router name.
Thanks