Community discussions

MikroTik App

RogerWilco
Topic Author

Re: Changing SXT LTE imei

Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:23 am

A simple forum search would have told you the answer is no - you cannot change the IMEI.
Also, please remove your personal spam link from your posts.

negisij629
just joined

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:16 am

To view IMEI:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*MRD_IMEI=R"
To change it, firstly delete it:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*MRD_IMEI=D"
And then set up a new one:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*MRD_IMEI=W,0101,11JAN1970,35281**********"

zheephy
just joined

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:01 pm

Is it possible to change imei of some MIKROTIK lte equipment? I do not want to do anything illegal, the problem is the following, I am located in a lay place in the jungle of Peru, the only communications company which reaches some 4G signal sells you the Huawei B612-533 router for approximately 100 US dollars , the 4G LTE chip is linked to the IMEI of the Huawei Router equipment in the company system, that is, if I wanted to put the 4G LTE chip in another router equipment, the company system would detect that the 4G LTE chip has linked a IMEI different from the one registered, therefore, I would not have internet.
The features of the Huawei router are limited, its pair of antennas do not have much range compared to the LTE MIKROTIK equipment, even more so in the COVID19 situation, where classes are virtual, the need is much greater.

Thank you very much.

PD: someone figured out how to put the Mikrotik Lte team in production mode?

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:53 pm

If you want change imei, you need change your LTE module for another unit.

Regards.

neutronlaser

Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Contact the service provider and have them change the authorized IMEI. We have to do it with AT&T every time we change device.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:24 pm

As stated in @negisij629's post, there is a command sequence to replace the IMEI, but it only works on some LTE modems. So it depends on the model you have in your Mikrotik; I suspect you don't have any yet. So this boils down to which types are sold in Peru, the US ones or the worldwide ones, and I'm no expert on LatAm national regulations. But even within the international types, there are subtypes - R11e-LTE, R11e-4G and R11e-LTE6. Don't take me for granted, but my feeling is that out of those, the IMEI change command only works on the R11e-LTE one. @SiB may have better information.

Other than that, can you reword the
PD: someone figured out how to put the Mikrotik Lte team in production mode?
? I don't get what the actual subject of the question is.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:31 am

sindy
@SiB may have better information.
How to enable "production-mode" for R11e-LTE6?
Yes, I know very mutch about this, many person from Russia are write this topic to me (at Telegram from my signature) and I DECLINE answer because I cannot do that too, it's not work.
True answer is you need root... and this mean normal end-user cannot do that, only support@mikrotik.com can do that change.
Anyone not report me back they write to support and receive any answer like "NO", probably they not ask vendor :).

This just not work and it's not supported = no way to change that.
One user here create a post who was deleted with unsoldered r11e-lte6 because he try search a line below LGA soc.. some ppl are very desperate :)

Beter way in many direction is just migrate to Quectel and this will be easy, check EC25-AF | EC25-AFX | EP06-A - probably they have your bands.
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT+EGMR=1,7,\"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\""; Use smart generator who save first numbers of vendor and generate rest of numbers and calculate last one.
EP06 can have unlock 256qam what I check for EP06A.. and a EM12-G is the best not MikroTik LTE module what I test.

P.S. Probably some ppl will be try buy cheap hAP ac³ and solder M.2 slot by them-self, it's easier then LGA SoC like EG18 :p bcs it's prepared to that "upgrade" :)
PCB-LTE.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nazaradeh
just joined

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:21 am

To view IMEI:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*MRD_IMEI=R"
To change it, firstly delete it:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*MRD_IMEI=D"
And then set up a new one:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*MRD_IMEI=W,0101,11JAN1970,35281**********"
hi
i have problem sin register registration status: denied
sxt 4g kit
some sim register but use this sim and not work
all command on this not work
like this
AT*Cell=<mode>,<NetworkMode>,<band>,<EARFCN>,<PCI>
get
output: +CME ERROR: Incorrect parameters

can some body help me to change imei for test

have problem if possible please help me
provider and sim don't have problem
i test this sim on 3 modems b612 work fine
sim is td and band 42
on this operator have two type of sim fd and td
fd band 3and 7 work on mikrotik
td band 42 not work
need change and try set one of b612 modem imei on mikrotik
many contact to operator they say no we don't have problem
and can't find any mini pci 4g in my mark (Huawei) for change r11e-4g miktotik for test

please help me
first for poor signal i try to user outdoor modem mikrotik
I live on the second floor of a tower
for better signal try at roof 10+ floor but the same story denied
in second floor all modem have one or two antenna signal
I was really confused
if some one don't want i know or say the command i can access to him/her for router to set b612 imei find way register denied
really need internet access for my job finally if not work i am jobless

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:38 pm

You use wrong APN or just change ISP.
Answer to change IMEI is at reddit and 4pda.