Community discussions

wtm
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: UKNOF 43 CVE

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:20 pm

So what firmware do we need to install on what routers to prevent this ?

enzain
just joined

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:22 pm

Don't do full tables on CCRs. They are terrible at it.
Why?
Is work fine, i receive FV and default route (while router compute FV's - used default route, when session up, internet work after 2 sec)

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:31 pm

where the reporter didn't report it as a security concern and left it for 6 months till he was able to get a CVE
The full timeline will be available next week. But when I reported this in April 2018, my request to MikroTik was to plead with support to treat this as a serious security vulnerability, and asked that they themselves allocate a CVE to it. After no action for six months, I then raised CVEs myself and communicated this to MikroTik to try and pressure them into taking another look at this.
Marek

Hammy
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:34 pm

Why?
Is work fine, i receive FV and default route (while router compute FV's - used default route, when session up, internet work after 2 sec)
Default routes mean you can't use uRPF.

Such high CPU usage during table churn means you'll be at best sub-optimally routing packets and at worst, sending them down blackholes for 10 - 20 minutes at a time.
-----
Mike Hammett

The Brothers WISP

cantanko

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:16 pm

So what firmware do we need to install on what routers to prevent this ?

As of right now, 6.45beta23 AFAIK.

mstead
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:45 pm

where the reporter didn't report it as a security concern and left it for 6 months till he was able to get a CVE
The full timeline will be available next week. But when I reported this in April 2018, my request to MikroTik was to plead with support to treat this as a serious security vulnerability, and asked that they themselves allocate a CVE to it. After no action for six months, I then raised CVEs myself and communicated this to MikroTik to try and pressure them into taking another look at this.
maznu - can you contact me via Twitter? I sent you a tweet already.

buraglio
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:11 pm

I understand how things work in "the infosec world". I have stated above how I describe this and I stand by my comments. Unauthenticated Denial of Service is just as I described it, and it is not exclusively in the domain of security vulnerability. It can definitely be leveraged that way, but the same way as a car can be used to run over a person, we don't call it a weapon. No one is debating or defending anything, I am indifferent on pretty much all hardware and software. This is really just semantics here, and we can all agree that this is a crummy situation that no one loves, but right or wrong, blame solves precisely zero problems.
If you read my post you'll see that my statements are pretty clear. Surprisingly, I have seen more admittance of a mistake out of a vendor than I have seen in quite some time.
> This is not a security vulnerability as I would describe it.

Then what EXACTLY would you call the ability to stop your router from routing, remotely, without authentication? Because we in the Infosec world call that an Unauthenticated Denial of Service. (Which is a bad thing)

Look, MikroTik have dropped the ball on this. That they haven't gone 'Shit, yes, we made a mistake, we're sorry, and we're making (these changes) to make sure it doesn't happen again' is MORE telling.
ForwardingPlane, LLC
https://www.forwardingplane.net

buraglio
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:13 pm

I tested null routing with ip-filter enabled and it still drives the cache up. What I don't know is if
/ip rp-filter
also covers IPv6. If it doesn't then there appears to be no way to enable ipv6 RPF checking.
Why?
Default routes mean you can't use uRPF.

Such high CPU usage during table churn means you'll be at best sub-optimally routing packets and at worst, sending them down blackholes for 10 - 20 minutes at a time.
ForwardingPlane, LLC

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:17 pm

maznu - can you contact me via Twitter? I sent you a tweet already.
My timeline exploded a bit, as you might imagine. I'm @maznu on Twitter, DMs are open :)
Marek

faraujo88
just joined

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:03 pm

If you just have the package enabled and absolutely no configuration from an IPv6 perspective are you okay?
Something about this question?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:05 pm

Something about this question?
Was answered on the first page.
viewtopic.php?p=723912#p723912
Russian-speaking forum: https://forum.mikrotik.by/. Welcome!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

MikroTik. Your life. Your routing.

slimmerwifi
just joined

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:19 am

It's true, MikroTik should have handled it better. It was mistakenly filed as just another ipv6 bug, which there are more of, until the author complained about lack of action. Then we looked at it again, and started to look for alternative solutions to handle it (because kernel change is not possible in v6). But in the end, the issue is fixed finally.

P.S.: we don't rely on kernel for TILE support, so new kernel doesn't affect it.
Appreciate this!

Also, send @maznu a present/gift/bounty/4011. He sure as hell earned it.
We manage 50+ corporate wifi networks in the Netherlands using Mikrotik & Cloudcore equipment.

cmurrayis
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:31 am

@normis

Is it possible to get an honest responce about ROS v7's release timetable? We and many other people have been struggling with BGP performance so much so we've had to reject larger potential clients because we cannot offer MPLS due to large packet loss with routing convergence on the CCR1072.

We are not a high volume network and cannot hold a single full table from any of our Transit providers because of CPU load and extended outages if for some reason one of the sessions drop. We were holding out until MUM Europe as we were told by support there would be an announcement there about it but alas there wasn't one.

We now have to seriously look at switching vendors away from Mikrotik which we've used for 15+ years because we just cannot wait any more with such a loose open ended timeline that everything appears to be "Fixed in ROS v7" and there being no release deadline.

Even if you were to release it today it would be 6 months before we could roll it out with enough confidence and testing in LAB given the extended development timeline.

I hope you can take the time to responce publicly or even privately as I'm under alot of pressure to grow our network but with current hardware not able to without potentially impacting client performance and reliability.

We'd also be happy to pay a few thousand dollars a year for advanced support/updates if required to offset the cheap licensing charges.

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:03 am

Also, send @maznu a present/gift/bounty/4011. He sure as hell earned it.
That's very kind, but after we've all got the patch in longterm and stable, I want to know how I can mail order a crate of beer to MikroTik's offices to say thank you for getting this fixed.
Marek

VipITBE
just joined

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 am

@normis

Is it possible to get an honest responce about ROS v7's release timetable? We and many other people have been struggling with BGP performance so much so we've had to reject larger potential clients because we cannot offer MPLS due to large packet loss with routing convergence on the CCR1072.

We are not a high volume network and cannot hold a single full table from any of our Transit providers because of CPU load and extended outages if for some reason one of the sessions drop. We were holding out until MUM Europe as we were told by support there would be an announcement there about it but alas there wasn't one.

We now have to seriously look at switching vendors away from Mikrotik which we've used for 15+ years because we just cannot wait any more with such a loose open ended timeline that everything appears to be "Fixed in ROS v7" and there being no release deadline.

Even if you were to release it today it would be 6 months before we could roll it out with enough confidence and testing in LAB given the extended development timeline.

I hope you can take the time to responce publicly or even privately as I'm under alot of pressure to grow our network but with current hardware not able to without potentially impacting client performance and reliability.

We'd also be happy to pay a few thousand dollars a year for advanced support/updates if required to offset the cheap licensing charges.
If you have performance issues with the CCR1072, then why don't you get a real router? Real hardware and pay the price instead of banging on Mikrotik for not releasing ROSv7?
Also, there are plenty of WISPs using MPLS and routing on mikrotik without issues...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:55 am

Is it possible to get an honest responce about ROS v7's release timetable?
Maybe other topic ?
No answer to your question? How to write posts

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:16 am

@maznu - beta23 fixes both vulnerability? Did you test?
LAN, FTTx, Wireless. ISP operator

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:42 am

I emailed MikroTik yesterday, tweeted, and posted about this on the 6.45beta thread - yes!

MikroTik has said that another beta is expected to make the settings on the affected components more "optimal" for devices with low RAM. I hope it lands soon.
Marek

buraglio
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:17 pm

More testing has yielded more data. This has not been properly replicated by anyone else that I know of, so take it as plausible hypothesis. I think I found more fallout from the ipv6 flaw: boxes that have their ND cache or their ipv6 route cache run up but not to the point of OOM reload experience a degraded performance over time in fun and unique ways after a scan attempt or resource exhaustion. I have seen two symptoms, all resolved by a reboot.
SNMP responds with wildly inaccurate data, or no data at all, but the snmp daemon continues to run
Both IPv4 and IPv6 packet forwarding experiences odd blips in function that don't seem to correspond to anything I can find (again, no snmp data to validate against)

Again, this is unverified but I suspect very likely. It'd be nice to see someone else replicate this or disprove it.

nb
I emailed MikroTik yesterday, tweeted, and posted about this on the 6.45beta thread - yes!

MikroTik has said that another beta is expected to make the settings on the affected components more "optimal" for devices with low RAM. I hope it lands soon.
ForwardingPlane, LLC

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:26 pm

More testing has yielded more data. This has not been properly replicated by anyone else that I know of, so take it as plausible hypothesis. I think I found more fallout from the ipv6 flaw: boxes that have their ND cache or their ipv6 route cache run up but not to the point of OOM reload experience a degraded performance over time in fun and unique ways after a scan attempt or resource exhaustion. I have seen two symptoms, all resolved by a reboot.
This gels with something I found when I was doing some testing last night. I suspect the problem is that the various processes in RouterOS struggle to malloc() memory for various tasks, and it makes for a very painful experience. My symptoms included: typing on the console being very laggy, issuing commands was also quite slow, and a reboot fixed it. In extreme memory exhaustion (but again, not quite OOM), the router seems to become unresponsive for a short while (won't answer telnet connections, etc), but sort of seems to be answering ping and forwarding packets… kind of. I hypothesise that this is what MikroTik has been referring to as a "soft lockup" in their 6.45beta22 changelog entries. It "felt" very similar to the feeling of interacting with a Linux server under extreme load, swapping or otherwise thrashing.
Marek

cantanko

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:13 pm

This gels with something I found when I was doing some testing last night. I suspect the problem is that the various processes in RouterOS struggle to malloc() memory for various tasks, and it makes for a very painful experience.

That description of malloc() after high memory pressure agrees with my experience with completely unrelated-but-linux-based software that was continually malloc(), realloc() and free()ing memory all over the place, causing heavy page-table fragmentation and thus real contention issues for other processes trying to malloc() memory. The enterprise distros I was working with at the time kinda sorta try to deal with it using page table defragmentation / consolidation, but that too has its own associated costs. With extreme fragmentation, it can result in no contiguous memory that satisfies the malloc() or realloc() and you either segfault in userland or (I'd imagine) panic in the kernel, hence the reboot even with memory theoretically available.

I don't envy the Mikrotik devs on this one if it is something along those lines...

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:43 pm

With extreme fragmentation, it can result in no contiguous memory that satisfies the malloc() or realloc() and you either segfault in userland or (I'd imagine) panic in the kernel, hence the reboot even with memory theoretically available.
The data structure that the Linux kernel used in RouterOS v6 uses for the IPv6 route table (and also route cache) is a sort of radix tree. It's a very different different from how the data structures for IPv4 work (because the IPv6 routing table is very sparse by comparison), and it's different again to how the more modern kernels do this too. I suspect the kernel is allocating the memory for this in fairly large slabs, but it would not at all surprise me if there is a possibility of fragmentation.

All that aside, it is possible to consume a nice big chunk of contiguous memory in RouterOS's user-space — and that ought to have very similar effects. That was how I got a bunch of CHRs behaving in a way that I believe matches what buraglio is describing above. A fairly easy way to try this out might be to inject a bunch of unreachable BGP routes to make the "route" process use more memory. As you get down to a few Mbytes of free RAM, things get icky… but this is completely expected behaviour (even if it would be unfortunate).
Marek

buraglio
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:12 pm

Dang, I was hoping I was wrong. Looking like probably not.

nb
With extreme fragmentation, it can result in no contiguous memory that satisfies the malloc() or realloc() and you either segfault in userland or (I'd imagine) panic in the kernel, hence the reboot even with memory theoretically available.
The data structure that the Linux kernel used in RouterOS v6 uses for the IPv6 route table (and also route cache) is a sort of radix tree. It's a very different different from how the data structures for IPv4 work (because the IPv6 routing table is very sparse by comparison), and it's different again to how the more modern kernels do this too. I suspect the kernel is allocating the memory for this in fairly large slabs, but it would not at all surprise me if there is a possibility of fragmentation.

All that aside, it is possible to consume a nice big chunk of contiguous memory in RouterOS's user-space — and that ought to have very similar effects. That was how I got a bunch of CHRs behaving in a way that I believe matches what buraglio is describing above. A fairly easy way to try this out might be to inject a bunch of unreachable BGP routes to make the "route" process use more memory. As you get down to a few Mbytes of free RAM, things get icky… but this is completely expected behaviour (even if it would be unfortunate).
ForwardingPlane, LLC

BRMateus2
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:44 pm

Memory fragmentation undefined behaviour bugs happens even in Windows (do a 500MB free test without swap, Windows craps out).
It is very hard to handle such malloc issues, because it is part of malloc itself - any kind of new route or such, will bug out the dynamic buffers, etc.

Jesse6
just joined

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:48 pm

It is not new that Mikrotik cares very very little about IPv6 deployment in their products, features such as, 'remote-dhcpv6-pd-pool' for radius, VRF support for IPv6 (or, something I believe it's even better, source based routing), Dude (that is a very excellent product, but don't have IPv6 support) with IPv6 monitoring capability, etc., are in discuss for almost a decade, with no signs of foreseeable implementation. Since at now we are almost 5 years that IPv6 is the new internet standard, I really hope you guys put the IPv6 at the top of the list in your development. And yes, I know that a vulnerability is something that happens to EVERY human developed device/firmware, it is understandable, and I think you guys are working hard to fix that. But this is a good moment to highlight the weakest Mikrotik's point for the upcoming changes: IPv6.
I wish you guys good luck with that fix, and hope you see IPv6 more seriously.

KeepBurning
just joined

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:08 pm

So can I assume that version 6.45beta23 is safe to use IPv6?
MAJOR CHANGES IN v6.45:
----------------------
!) ipv6 - fixed soft lockup when forwarding IPv6 packets;
!) ipv6 - fixed soft lockup when processing large IPv6 Neighbor table;

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:10 am

Fixel also in long-term - 6.43.14
and Current - 6.44.2
LAN, FTTx, Wireless. ISP operator

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Fixel also in long-term - 6.43.14
and Current - 6.44.2
Attacked both, and both releases fix CVE-2018-19299. Fantastic news — but now the hard work for all us network operators begins:

1. 🔬 test

2. 🧠 plan

3. 🔨 deploy

4. 🔍 monitor

5. 🍺🍻🎉

6. 😴 🛌
Marek

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:29 pm

Just wondering what will happen / be the effect when "under attack" and hitting memory limit?
* on neighbour mem limit
* on routing cache limit

Router will survive, but what with the legit connections?

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Just wondering what will happen / be the effect when "under attack" and hitting memory limit?
* on neighbour mem limit
* on routing cache limit
Router will survive, but what with the legit connections?
The tests I did on 6.45beta23 suggested different levels of memory usage would be used for the IPv6 routing table/cache depending on the installed RAM in the router. For example, routers with 2Gb of memory would permit a few hundred thousand entries in the IPv6 routing table/cache.

The challenge on Linux 3.3.5 (and many kernel version after) is that the IPv6 routing cache is stored in the same data structure (and therefore memory) as the routing table, which means that an attack can still fill that allocated memory. Further research is required to find out whether this would then deny real routes being inserted (e.g. learned from upstream providers via BGP), or whether a "least recently used" type of algorithm will allow a route insertion to replace a temporary cache entry.
Marek

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:21 pm

What I don't understand: why is it not possible to firewall against it.
When you limit the addresses that are routed, e.g. by dropping traffic in the raw prerouting table, does it still
create entries for the dropped traffic in the route cache or neighbor table? Why?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:23 pm

It can be firewalled like you say, I posted rules that give you ideas how (and you can tune it to your needs).
But many said that they have legitimate traffic coming from a single source to multiple destinations.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:31 pm

What I don't understand: why is it not possible to firewall against it.
When you limit the addresses that are routed, e.g. by dropping traffic in the raw prerouting table, does it still
create entries for the dropped traffic in the route cache or neighbor table? Why?
If you DROP in PREROUTING then it is safe against CVE-2018-19299.

Dropping in chain=forward is not safe, because a routing table lookup has to be done before the firewall rule can be evaluated (otherwise the firewall rule could not know which the in- and out-interfaces are, etc). This means a cache entry will have already been created, even if the chain=forward rule does action=drop.
Marek

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:13 pm

It can be firewalled like you say, I posted rules that give you ideas how (and you can tune it to your needs).
But many said that they have legitimate traffic coming from a single source to multiple destinations.
Of course it would still be possible to exploit it from the inside, but frankly I always worry more about exploiting from outside than from inside.
For some time I have a dynamic address list in IPv6 that contains all internal addresses that have attempted to make outgoing traffic (plus some static servers),
and drops all incoming traffic towards addresses not in that list. This drop is now in the forward chain, I will move it to the raw prerouting chain.

Of course this countermeasure generates a new attack surface, where local users are able to fill that address list with 2^64 entries, but as I wrote
I am not so worried that this will happen.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Congrats to your Team Normis, under what must be an incredibly stressful pressure cooker of a year. Proost, gun bei, sit, cin cin, Na zdrowie and Priekā!
phuckin A batman!
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

eben

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:11 pm

This is far from over.

Please refer to ticket 2019040422005244 and advise.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Completely unrelated to the topic.

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:14 pm

This is far from over.

I'm hearing reports that this isn't fixed on routers with 64Mb or less of RAM. Is your ticket about this, eben? Or something else? :-|
Marek

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:21 pm

It is an upgrade problem because of no free space on the router, not related to this thread at all.

eben

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:13 pm

This is far from over.

I'm hearing reports that this isn't fixed on routers with 64Mb or less of RAM. Is your ticket about this, eben? Or something else? :-|
I've tried installing 6.44.2 on about 50 hAP Lites using manual update, Dude Update, Winbox update, Commandline update vir puTTY.

Fail on all fronts.

There isn't enough memory / storage for the update.

I fear the only way to get this onto a hAP Lite is to Netinstall.

If I have to send people to clients' homes to netinstall their routerboards, I'd rather just go and buy TPLink 840s and send the techs off to install them. Less hassle for everyone.

As far as I am concerned I do not have an update to install on a hAP and the matter is far from over.

maznu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:14 pm

It is an upgrade problem because of no free space on the router, not related to this thread at all.
I have 6.43.14 installed on a hAP ac lite (64Mb RAM), and it is still vulnerable. Ticket#2019040222005195 and Ticket#2019032922005182
Marek

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Question - if there is a problem with not enough free space (on some mikrotiks) …
On a remote wireless client , is it possible to do something like this …
- downgrade the remote client to a smaller ROS (or even a stripped down tiny ROS) that keeps the remote client connected
- then upgrade the remote client to 6.44.2 (or what ever newer version works)

jprietove
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:23 pm

I have done several tests with GNS3 using CHR 6.44.2 (stable) and as long as the router has enough memory, it doesn't crash. In my tests, the attack 'steals' around 180 MiB.

Using a CHR with 256 MB, system resources shows a total memory of 224 MiB and free-memory of 197 MiB before attack. During the attack, only from one computer, the free memory decreases to around 20 MiB and sometimes to 13 MiB. Using two attackers, it seems the results are the same and not worst.

With 200 MB the router reboots because OOM.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:15 pm

@pe1chl, question: in your setup externally initiated ipv6 traffic is disallowed right?

neutronlaser
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:17 pm

ipv6 dumb extravagance anyway

highonsnow

Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:35 pm

Welcome to 2019.. you must have been asleep since DARPA were experimenting with this TCP/IP thing.. that's ok though, we'll help you through it.

It all started with RIPE and global commerce..

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:50 am

Welcome to 2019.. you must have been asleep since DARPA were experimenting with this TCP/IP thing.. that's ok though, we'll help you through it.

It all started with RIPE and global commerce..
Thank god for that, otherwise I wouldn't had the pure joy of playing doom with a brit and a yank all being served up by one of our pcs all over a 33.6k modem connection for about 10min before crashing LOL. Really rocked with the 56k modem though. ;-)
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:56 am

@pe1chl, question: in your setup externally initiated ipv6 traffic is disallowed right?
Yes, externally initiated IPv6 traffic to random addresses is disallowed. I added this when NDP exhaustion attacks were discussed.
Due to the address list, only systems that have initiated outbound traffic (within the last 8 hours) plus a number of addresses of
servers put in the address list as static entries are allowed inbound.

But I had this rule in the /ipv6 firewall filter chain=forward list which should be fine to prevent NDP exhaustion attacks but apparently is not enough
for the route cache table overflow attack, so I moved it to /ipv6 firewall raw chain=prerouting list.
Of course there also is a rule in /ipv6 firewall filter chain=forward that adds the src address to the list (with 8 hour timeout) for new outbound traffic.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:48 pm

Thx for info, I guess you do it (the address addition to the list) on connection level, not for each packet?
Last edited by sebastia on Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nostromog
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:32 pm

Yes, externally initiated IPv6 traffic to random addresses is disallowed. I added this when NDP exhaustion attacks were discussed.
Due to the address list, only systems that have initiated outbound traffic (within the last 8 hours) plus a number of addresses of
servers put in the address list as static entries are allowed inbound.

But I had this rule in the /ipv6 firewall filter chain=forward list which should be fine to prevent NDP exhaustion attacks but apparently is not enough
for the route cache table overflow attack, so I moved it to /ipv6 firewall raw chain=prerouting list.
Of course there also is a rule in /ipv6 firewall filter chain=forward that adds the src address to the list (with 8 hour timeout) for new outbound traffic.
It looks like a very interesting idea.
Thx for info, I guess you do it on connection level, not for each packet?
If I understood correctly pe1chl, the capturing of outward addresses is done at the connection=new level, but the dropping of packets has to be done before connection tracking to avoid the routing machinery to engage, so the dropping has to happen at the packet level at raw...
Last edited by nostromog on Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.