MikroTik App

aesmith
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RBSXTR&R11e-LTE Signal Strength Reading

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi,

Sorry this is a basic question, however I'm thinking of trying the SXT LTE version (RBSXTR&R11e-LTE) in the UK. If it's like other LTE devices that I've used it will need some trial and error to choose the best location and alignment. Is there anywhere in the user interface that displays a live signal strength, something that can be watch while moving or aiming the device to get the best signal?
Thanks, Tony S

robpeng

Re: RBSXTR&R11e-LTE Signal Strength Reading

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Hey Tony,

Using a few of these in Ireland myself. There are 5 leds on the back of the device to show signal strength, depending on 3g or 4g connection.

I use the web UI -> Quick Set - you can see the signal strength there.

For 3G, I aim to get an RSSI of -85dbm or less (less is better)

For 4G, its a little tricky, its 3 values. I just go by the RSRP and RSRQ. One is signal strength (RSRP) and the other is signal quality. I aim for a RSRP of -85dbm or less

Have you one of these deployed in the UK?

aesmith
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: RBSXTR&R11e-LTE Signal Strength Reading

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Thanks for the response, sorry I didn't notice your post earlier. Yes I have mine in service in the UK now, on Three. I'm monitoring and logging LTE signal parameters with PRTG using SNMP, but to answer my own original question I found the Android App best for live display while adjusting the alignment.