Community discussions

MikroTik App

millenium7
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Stop logging FCS errors on specific port?

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:38 am

There is a known problem/bug/feature with MikroTik CCR and Cambium PMP radio's that shows FCS errors on a port every 30/60 seconds
I havn't found any confirmed way to resolve this, other than some ridiculous remedies like run the link at 10mbit (yeah, no....)
This isn't an actual problem and hasn't affected traffic, have had these radio's running for years without packet loss. What I want to do is just completely ignore these errors and not have them logged, but only for that particular port

We have additional log rules that send everything to a SysLog server which sends a Slack notification any time something unusual is detected in the log output (i.e. OSPF state changes)
I don't currently have FCS errors as a trigger because we'll get flooded with a message every 30 seconds if I enable it. I still want to see FCS errors on any other port so it can notify us of potential cable issues. Is there any way to exclude a particular port from logging these false errors?