Community discussions

MikroTik App

eLDeus
just joined
Topic Author

3 ISP channels needed to work simultaneously

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:53 am

Hi, I have 3 active ISP channels. Two of it works fine simultaneously with independent PPPoE connections comes from ethernet for one standard .88 LAN. The problem with the 3rd ISP which comes from LTE USB dongle using Hi Link which means a basic network interface. It works only when the main PPPoE isn't active. And the same thing when USB LTE dongle is active (if it took IP quicker than PPPoE) then PPPoE waits for packets (screenshot 2). Is there a way to make it work independently and simultaneously? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

McSee
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: 3 ISP channels needed to work simultaneously

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:13 am

You can't have several active routes to the same dest (0.0.0.0/0) in one routing table = same routing mark in your case.
First and second routes are in different routing tables as the first has routing mark specified.

So if you want the third rule to be active you have to specify different routing mark there.

There are several ways to do it -
one is to set "add-default-route = no" in dhcp client and then add the route manually,
another is to use IP/Routes/VRF to specify routing mark for the interface.

eLDeus
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:45 am

I have two PPPoE's, one of each is primary without routing mark, the second one is secondary with routing mark pppoe-rt and has a rule in IP / Routes / Rules. Adding LTE with the static route and new route-mark as well as adding a rule in IP -> Routes -> Rules didn't help, LTE interface doesn't go to the internet. What I'm doing wrong if it's possible to get 3 channels working without VRF? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:18 am

You'll need another routing-mark, next to existing pppoe-rt, and some mechanism to direct traffic to that routing table. This can be:
* mangling: each packet to go over lte, needs that routing-mark set in prerouting chain
* routing rule

BTW: new routing table + routing rule(s) = VRF ;-)

McSee
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Adding LTE with the static route and new route-mark as well as adding a rule in IP -> Routes -> Rules didn't help, LTE interface doesn't go to the internet. What I'm doing wrong if it's possible to get 3 channels working without VRF? Thanks.
You should use IP address of the modem instead of interface as a gateway in the route.

eLDeus
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:42 pm

You'll need another routing-mark, next to existing pppoe-rt, and some mechanism to direct traffic to that routing table.
• 1st ISP (pppoe-justlan) works as main WAN with no routing mark and any routing rules.
• 2nd ISP (pppoe-rt) works as secondary WAN simultaneously with the first one. There's all ok with this route, MikroTik sees the world if I ping google with this interface. Routing-mark is used for one route rule and it works perfectly (thank you for your answer in my previous thread).
• 3nd ISP (modem) needed as the 3rd WAN. Both routes from 192.168.8.100 to 192.168.8.0/24 and from 192.168.8.1 to 0.0.0.0/0 are reachable. I can ping modem (192.168.8.1 and .100) but nothing outside. Routing-mark is added but will be needed when some local devices is ready to go through the modem to the internet.
Why both of PPPoE connections are opened to the internet for MikroTik but the modem's is not? Am I need to use VRF or mangle or I can use an existing routing table? Thanks.
You should use IP address of the modem instead of interface as a gateway in the route.
It's actually doesn't matter, I tried both to use interface and the modem's ip 192.168.8.1.

Thanks you for your replies

McSee
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:32 pm

It's actually doesn't matter, I tried both to use interface and the modem's ip 192.168.8.1.
Well, it might work in this case with the interface as a gateway since LTE is not true ethernet.
But you definitely need to specify the routing table on the "Advanced" tab of ping applet instead of the interface.

eLDeus
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:49 pm

Well, it might work in this case with the interface as a gateway since LTE is not true ethernet.
But you definitely need to specify the routing table on the "Advanced" tab of ping applet instead of the interface.
Maybe you're right about LTE interface, I changed the gateway to IP and ping in your suggested way was successful from the modem to the internet while both of PPPoE's are working.
I will test it and tell any news if I get. Thanks.

eLDeus
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:00 pm

I found that in Interface -> LTE a device recognized by MikroTik as lte[number] and if I will change USB dongle to another modem modeL MikroTik will recognize it with the same name, after the modem is changed.
Is there any way to bind LTE interface name so that MikroTik could remember the certain model every time I connect to USB port? I think there's might be some troubles when using multiple modems via USB hub with various routing rules as the rules itself depend on interfaces names, so I must be assured MikroTik recognize all my LTE devises correctly so I could add appropriate route rules for each. I think it will be good to know for the developers about this issue if they could handle it.
Thanks.